Two direct debit dates

Level 1
    HiI've noticed on my account this morning I have two direct debit dates for the month of October, one is 1st @ £168 and one is the 5th @ £248! They've obviously taken the 1st one. Do they seriously expect me to pay the 2nd one too? I'm confused and really can't afford to be paying all this and I can't get through to them to ask what's going on.
    thanks
  • 2 Replies

Level 18
    Hi I pay by variable direct debit every month and had exactly the same on my account last month and this month but only one direct debit was taken which was the later dated one ( this was after manually giving meter readings to my account).I assume it’s updated my meter readings on different days and charged accordingly. I did query this and was told the system shows multiple direct debit date requests on the account depending on meter readings during the month but only the last one for the month is used.Confusing and alarming at the time.
    Level 91
    @Dumpy222

If your DD of £168 has been taken then that has taken into account what it was set at on the 1st. The DD amount will change on the 5th to the higher amount but it will still be taken on your payment date… which will next come around in November.

That’s how I read these double amounts that many have had showing in their online account anyway.

It is confusing and the changes could have been implemented better.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.