£66 monthly credit.

Level 1
    Ok.
    Why am i not in credit on my account by £66.
    You have took my last bill off it and also same amount from my bank.
    How can you take the same payment twice??
  • 10 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Karln

The £66 EBSS is not designed to leave your account in credit by that amount. If you think you have a problem with your billing then you should contact customer service. If you want opinions from forum members then screen shots of the bill and transaction history will be needed.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    Right.
    I got my £66 government credit went in my account on 6th October.
    I got my October bill on the 22nd October.
    With the £66 been taken off my October bill it left me owing 30.53p which was due out of my bank on 7th November via direct debt.
    My 2nd £66 from government went into my account on the 1st November.

No eon next took my outstanding £30.53p from the 1st November credit and also took the £30.53p out of my bank on the 7th November.

So like I said how and why have eon next taken what I owe twice?
    Level 91
    @Karln

Are you looking at a bill or a transaction history? As long as your DD payments and £66 EBSS payments are showing as credits then there's no problem. Perhaps your DD payment hasn't shown yet. If you don't post screenshots then you will need to contact CS.
    Level 56
    From what information you have given you obviously pay your energy bills via Variable Direct Debit (same as I do) but please corrrect me if I'm wrong.

Because of the timings of when your meter reads are taken the bill/statement generation is approx 1-2 days after the smart meter reads, so you would have had your Variable DD amount taken 15-17 days after the statement is raised but crucially this statement (dated 22nd October) would not list future payments and credits (only what your account has received up to that point). So the £30.53 was taken and this transaction will have been listed (or about to be if if states waiting to be applied). Therefore (by the weekend) your account should now state a credit balance of £66 which will then offset the next bill in November that will be £66 lower than it would otherwise be.

In each of these 6 winter months your statement balance generated on 22nd Oct/22nd Nov/22nd Dec etc will be £66/£67 lower than it would have been without these payments.

This sequence will keep on happening until we get to the end of the scheme and your last bill will be on 22nd March but your DD taken on April 7th will be £67 lower because of the timings of your bill generation and the BEIS. My last effective reduction will be on circa 20th March because my date of bill generation is triggered earlier in the month (1st of each month).

Of course you may feel that this is all totally unfair and, if this is the case, another phone call to Eon Next from yourself needed - good luck.
    Level 56
    @Karln

Are you looking at a bill or a transaction history? As long as your DD payments and £66 EBSS payments are showing as credits then there's no problem. Perhaps your DD payment hasn't shown yet. If you don't post screenshots then you will need to contact CS.

As per previous post, the OP's account should state this amount waiting to 'be applied' to the account until it does get actually applied and it then shows. Usually within 2-4 days for me. If not after 5 days, yes I'd be contacting them.
    Level 43
    Right.
    I got my £66 government credit went in my account on 6th October.
    I got my October bill on the 22nd October.
    With the £66 been taken off my October bill it left me owing 30.53p which was due out of my bank on 7th November via direct debt.
    My 2nd £66 from government went into my account on the 1st November.

No eon next took my outstanding £30.53p from the 1st November credit and also took the £30.53p out of my bank on the 7th November.

So like I said how and why have eon next taken what I owe twice?

Hi @Karln

I think this is just a timing issue between when the £66 was added to your eon-next account and the direct debit. I know it's hard to believe but it seems that more than 6 days is required to alter a direct debit.

If I've understood you correctly, on 22nd October you owed a net £30.53 which should have been paid by your 7th Nov DD. The Government £66 was added on 1st November so 66 - 30.53 = £35.47 that your account is now in credit. The direct debit went ahead because I think it was too close to the £66 payment to be changed, so your energy account will now be 35.47 + 30.53 = £66.00 (it may take until early next week until you see your DD payment in your energy account).

So your now £66 in credit and if you're paying by receipt of bill, this will be taken off Novembers bill. If for example you use £80 of energy up to your next bill, the bill will be £80 - £66 credit, leaving £14 that you'll owe them. On Dec 1st £67 Gov money will be added so you'll then be in credit by £53 (67 - 14) and your DD of £14 will be taken again.
    This will probably repeat until the last Government payment has been made.

You're not losing out or paying twice, it's just that you are getting the benefit a month later because of the timing of payments.
    Level 56
    You're not losing out or paying twice, it's just that you are getting the benefit a month later because of the timing of payments.

Totally agree 👍
    Level 92
    @Mailman

Seconded
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @Mailman
    Thirded!😀