High useage

Level 91
    @Purplerachel123

On the IHD I think the second button from the left on the bottom will get you some menus where you will find consumption in kWh.

More experienced members are going to try to help here and the thread will get convoluted. When replying to anything please tap Reply With Quote so we can all be clear what and who you are responding to.

This may turn out to be a combination of things like wrong tariff on IHD, big consuming fridge/freezer, oven leaking some current through the element, immersion heater left on. With patience we will hopefully get there in the end.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 6
    @Purplerachel123

On the IHD I think the second button from the left on the bottom will get you some menus where you will find consumption in kWh.

More experienced members are going to try to help here and the thread will get convoluted. When replying to anything please tap Reply With Quote so we can all be clear what and who you are responding to.

This may turn out to be a combination of things like wrong tariff on IHD, big consuming fridge/freezer, oven leaking some current through the element, immersion heater left on. With patience we will hopefully get there in the end.

I can get a meter reading from it, doesnt say how much I've used
    Level 91
    I can get a meter reading from it, doesnt say how much I've used
    Hopefully @theunknowntech will pop by and offer some advice on this one.

I can't get into my Eon Next App this morning. If you can get into it perhaps you can see what your consumption was yesterday, for instance, in terms of kWh and £££s. You can compare this with what shows on your IHD for yesterday. I hardly use the App so not sure what it's capable of. You could perhaps do this for a few other days too to get some comparison.
    Level 92
    @Purplerachel123

The fact that your electric was only showing a couple of pounds rather than four definitely shows that we've dropped your consumption significantly. Your oven was possibly accounting for 40% of your usage, sapping your credit and racking up the wasted consumption.

What we need to do now is drill down a little bit bit further to see what else is sucking the power. I suspect the American 'drive thru' fridge is particularly expensive to run, compared to a European one, especially if it has an ice maker function.

But so far, we've dropped a chunk off your usage by diagnosing a faulty oven, so that's a step in the right direction.

Happy to do some more diagnostics with you later on today.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91

The fact that your electric was only showing a couple of pounds rather than four definitely shows that we've dropped your consumption significantly. Your oven was possibly accounting for 40% of your usage, sapping your credit and racking up the wasted consumption.

The £4 was combined gas and elec. Today it was £3.64 so not a massive difference given some variances in the time the reading was taken etc.
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

This morning it’s on £3.64 £2.01 on electric and £1.49 gas will know throughout the day if it’s using less

Take off the standing charges, the electric is around £1.55 or so, which is a drop of about 3kWh based on initial reported costings.

3kWh saved off an 8kWh consumption for a similar time period...37.5% reduction.
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap

Take off the standing charges, the electric is around £1.55 or so, which is a drop of about 3kWh based on initial reported costings.

3kWh saved off an 8kWh consumption for a similar time period...37.5% reduction.
    The way I see it is the initial report was of £4 total cost for gas and electric. Take off the same gas as today and that gives approx £2.50 for the elec at the same time yesterday. Take off the standing charge and we're at approx £2 so maybe a little over 1kWh difference. If the IHD has the wrong tariff, say around the 50p of the original price cap then we're talking under 1kWh. With the time of readings and fridge-freezer variances and perhaps an approximation of the initial amounts rounded to £4... it's hard to draw conclusions yet, I think. Time will tell, I guess.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

Looking another way… Assume similar gas usage over the two nights in question. £4 less £3.64 is a total difference of 36p which is 1kW of elec.

We really need usage in kWh to get anywhere. Then we can apply accurate rates to get to how much money this is costing and why.
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

My brain is a bit fuzzy today...little or no sleep last night.

I was really working on the basis of the number of impulses on the meter. With the oven not isolated, one flash every three seconds. With it isolated, about once every five seconds. Ok, that's still a fairly high baseload, but flash rate can be converted to consumption quite easily.

One flash in 3 seconds equals 3000s, or 50 minutes for 1kWh, or 1.2kWh load. One flash in 5 seconds equals 5000s, or 83 minutes for 1kWh, or a 720Wh load.

Obviously, the actual flash rate is approximate, but still means load dropped down to 60% with the oven isolated.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

I understand. We can look at this any which way, but again we need consumption data in kWh, ideally for both fuels and down to at least hourly intervals.

I know I keep banging on about it but the Bright App, with smart meters set to half-hourly data, would reveal much useful info.