EON Next Applies Wrong Tariff from 1st October

Level 8
    I see the web site has now been pulled so you can't see your account details whilst they fix their errors
    Level 43
    It's possible that the website has been taken offline due to the volume of traffic more than anything else. I'm afraid we need to be patient, I'm sure that we'll be charged the correct rates from today.
    Level 91
    @Andy65

This is what it says when trying to log-in to your online account...

• We're updating our prices to reflect the government's Energy Price Guarantee.

Please note that your bills will be correct but the changes are taking longer to reflect in your online account. You don't need to do anything as we are working hard to get this updated.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    Received an email Tuesday with the wonderful news that my tariff for electricity was going from 29.48p to 35.31p, and for gas from 7.31p to 10.29p as of 1 October. Standing charge (still a massive p-take) from 41.66p to 42.67p and 27.21 to 28.28p respectively. Not great, not terrible, we all knew it was coming. Still paying too much for power compared to anywhere else in the world, but what can you do, right?

I logged onto the website today to check my outstanding balance (I cancelled my debit ages ago so that they couldn't steal money from me anymore), scrolled down and saw my actual rates from 1 October were 53.16p for electricity and 14.72p for gas, almost DOUBLE the previous rate! Glad I'm not the only one being scammed, so they can't hide it for long.

Something random ran through my head while I was typing this: the government for some stupid reason is paying the energy discount directly to the suppliers instead of us. So, what if they've pushed their prices up intentionally so that they don't have to pass the discounts onto us? Eg: if your usage worked out to £10, and the government gave a £5 discount, e.On then pushes the price up so your usage now costs $15, so when they apply the discount, they still get all their money. Really wouldn't put it past them...
    Level 1
    @JoeSoap meaning they had backloaded the price increases on all our accounts to go live before Truss' announcement was made, and now have to scramble to bring them in line?
    Level 91
    @mdk1980

Sorry but I’m not sure what you’re referring-to or why you have directed that comment at me. Is it some political conspiracy theory?

Energy companies had to conform with the EPG announcement having already been told of the price cap and preparing for it. It’s a pig’s ear for sure but it’s being sorted.
    Level 91
    @mdk1980
    Load of old shoe repairers. The chaos today / yesterday is down to mismanagement, not conspiracy. By the way the Earth is a sphere and man did go to and return from the moon.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 77
    Now totally confused! Totally wrong!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My tariffs are wrong as well:

Electricity (Old - 1st Oct - From Eon Site)
    Standing charge (per day) 48.912p 49.931p 49.93p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 27.090p 32.239p 50.09p

Gas
    Standing charge (per day) 27.219p 28.484p 24.48p
    Unit rate (per kWh) 7.225p 10.200p 14.63p

Was wondering at first whether it had something to do with me ringing to try and get DD amount sorted, but seems others have same problem. I get my electricity bill produced on 2nd of each month and gas bill on 3rd - so I hope they use the new capped prices.

As for that message on the screen 'the changes are taking longer to reflect in your online account' - if that's so, why didn't they just stop all tariff info being shown and say it will be displayed when they've sorted the problem - because I'd rather have seen nothing than the wrong amounts, and the thought they may actually apply these to the bills.

At least they got the standing charges right, to two decimal places :)
    Last edited by FPX; 02-10-22 at 09:49.
    Level 5
    Mine has already increased far more than I expected, I'm glad I have found this forum, hopefully it will revert back to the advertised 34p per kWh in the next few days, mine was showing 60.10p per kWh this morning, I nearly fainted!!!

Same here - my daytime tariff has gone up to 61.48/unit, nighttime rate has gone up to 31.45, an increase of 100% for each rate, and a LOT more than the quote they sent me less than 2 weeks ago.

I take comfort from that fact that everybody here is in the same boat, but I'm nervous because all the suppliers are incompetent and have no communication skills, so goodness knows how long it will take before this gets sorted out. And I have to agree with deanmacd, it's unlikely that we'll get a refund of the overpayments when the dust settles.

Is it too early for a glass of wine? Breakfast wine? 😁