Igloo/Symbio Final Credits - Supplier of Last Resort

Level 1
    I am one of the many thousands of Igloo customers moved over to Eon Next as of 3rd October 2021. At the time I brought with me a substantial credit. Ever since I have been able to see my account on the web site (from 24th November to be precise) the "home page" has said "We're still working with Igloo to arrange the transfer of any credit balance you may have held with them. Once we've got this we'll apply it to your account and release your bill." This remains the case as of now. However, in a general post on the Eon Next web site aimed at former Igloo customers and dated 1st February 2022 it says, "Your first E.ON Next bill: We've now produced your first bill and let you know it's ready. It includes any credits due from Igloo Energy. Clearly this is not correct. Am I the only one?
    I have also been regularly submitting meter readings (since my SMETS 1 Smart meter went dumb and there is no sign of the over-the-air update to make it Smart again) and my Dashboard is showing three debit payments, two for gas, one for electricity. These are for quite precise amounts. the problem I have is that without a bill I have no idea how accurate or otherwise these amount are.
    Can anyone on here help please to get the billing system up and working (as it apparently should have been by 1st February).
    I have tried phoning but have never been able to get through. Oh and please don't ask me to use social media: I do not nor will ever partake.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bryan
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Hii, I was transferred from Symbio and I can't see my refund yet I moved house on 29/09/21, I've already filled the form. Symbio sent me my final bill when they transferred to you and said that you are going to refund me.How long is going to take yet? It's been more than 4 months already...
    every time I get in touch with you is by the end of the month, but I'm still waiting
    and it's a £500 refund, I need the money back
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext , thank you for your response
    Thanks Peter, I don't think I have that, I'm just not getting it. But I do have this when I log in. Does that mean that I have the credit or not?
    Emma

• Your Igloo Energy balance.

We're still working with Igloo to arrange the transfer of any credit balance you may have held with them. Once we've got this we'll apply it to your account and release your bill. This means the balance we're showing you at the moment may not be correct. Please don't worry, any credit balance you had with Igloo will be protected.
      Check out our Igloo Energy Supply Limited FAQs to find out more about what will happen if you were in credit or debt with Igloo.
    Level 1
    @BryanW I'm so relieved to see I am not the only one. You put it much more articulately than I but I am in exactly the same position as you, and get that same message when I log in. Hopefully we will get answers through here.
    Community Team
    Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't replied to you, I haven't been around for the past week, but I'm here now!

@Uly I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your refund cheque - I can see a colleague has noted that your cheque has been sent to your current address as opposed to your old address now, this should be with you within the next few weeks as I can see this was processed to be issued on 7th March.

@EmmaD You've received your refund from Igloo Energy a while ago from the looks of things, sorry if this wasn't very clear (due to the message you can see on your online account) If you check the 'balance transfer' credit amount on your online account for 7th October as well as the first Direct Debit payment, this will amount to your final credit owed to you by Igloo Energy as well as the last Direct Debit you made to them (which we imported over to your account at E.ON Next.

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 15-03-22 at 17:05. Reason: Formatting
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    Still waiting for the credit of monies paid to Igloo after 3rd October. Over £200! Beginning to get very fed up and not a little concerned as the information seems to be that it should have been applied to my E-on Next account by now. Getting grumpier by the minute.
    Hey @AnneF, thank you for your message.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation, I am sure that the team has to pull it through. If you contact our customer service on social media with a copy of your final statement from Igloo that was in credit, they can get in touch with the right team to get this sorted for you.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext Sorry but they are no help at all. Smoke screens and rhetoric. It should not be for each individual customer to prove EONNest are holding on to monies due to us. It should be relatively straightforward for them to know and act on that.

My response to Ben in Customer Service was as follows:

Dear Ben,

I, in common with a number of other previous Igloo customers, am getting pretty cross. I am still awaiting a credit of £237.10 paid to Igloo after they melted. The amount of credit prior to their melt (puns absolutely intended) was applied to my account but credits after they turned to liquid water was not. Basically you owe me £237.10. Please can you provide evidence when/how this was applied to my account. You can't as it wasn't but I await your reply with interest - which you will hopefully pay on my money that has "melted away".

Kind regards,

Getting grumpier OLD WOMAN

Anne Forbes BEM

I am confident I am not alone!!!!!
    Hey @AnneF,

Thank you for explaining your situation.
    At Eon.next we do have a procedure for customers who migrated from Igloo. This is not something rhetoric, it is instead a way of avoiding mistakes.
    When you got in touch with our customer service, have you shown them the Igloo statement?
    Also, is it possible that you have used more usage than expected and the money was initially applied and then being consumed ? The community page is here to have an open discussion about matters like this.
    Unfortunately, we cannot get into too many details due to Data protection.

Please feel free to get back to me if you would like to discuss this any further.
    Level 1
    Hey Everyone!

I can see a lot of questions around where your credit is if you've come over to us from Igloo Energy or Symbio Energy, I hope we can clear up a few things so everyone is on the same page.

If you switched to us as part of the Supplier Of Last Resort Process

This means your switch to us was done automatically and you didn't switch online/over the phone to us from one of the above suppliers.If this is the case, any credit should now be on your account, you will see this listed as a 'balance transfer' - There are a small number of people who made an additional payment to Igloo/Symbio after 3rd October 2021. This would have left a credit balance on your account with Igloo/Symbio and this has also since been moved over.If you made an additional payment after 3rd October, you will see this coming over to us also, however, this will be listed as 'Direct Debit - (amount of your payment) - The balance transferred to us plus this Direct Debit amount should equal to the credit balance shown on your final bill.

If you switched to another supplier before Igloo/Symbio ceased trading

In this instance, any credit you had is still protected. We have refunded all of these credit balances via cheque, you should have these now.

If you switched to E.ON Next before Igloo/Symbio ceased trading

If you moved directly to EON Next, we’ll be transferring any credit balance shortly.

I understand the frustration of waiting for a final credit to be applied, our hands are a little tied whilst the respective administrators of each supplier wrap up business and get these credits over to us as soon as possible.We have some info on our website which is updated regularly if things change.

If you've joined us from Igloo, please visit our Igloo Support Page
    If you've joined us from Symbio, please visit our Symbio Support Page

Pete 😊

Hello Pete,

I’m still waiting for a credit from my Igloo account for £192.11.

Why has the message about waiting for Igloo balances to transfer been removed from the Eon Next website, when this has not been successful for all customers?

Thanks

Karen