3 months waiting

Level 1
    Hi
    Appear to have a fault on my external gas meter, moving too slowly. Notified eon in august twice, they booked me in early October for a test, said when testing team has booked it in they’ll confirm it, they charged my account £100 in the meantime for this test.
    3 months later, several times chasing them getting very frustrated with their generic unhelpful responses, saying it’s out of their control when the test will happen, they have no idea when it will actually happen, but it’s policy to charge £100 immediately for test. As a result they’ve lowered my direct debit to a ridiculous low amount which is worrying!!

Has anyone been in similar situation?, I can’t seem to actually get hold of a human I feel like any email response from them is from a robot.
  • 4 Replies

Level 91
    @Bluegloves

If I read this right you've reported your gas meter as being faulty as you think it's under-recording the gas you're using. If that's the case then I would have thought they'd be on it in a shot. Customer service are overwhelmed at present but it seems you have been trying to sort this for a while.

If you have an email trail to refer to you could try raising a complaint using the details here. You could still be waiting two weeks for a response to the complaint but it gives you more irons in the fire.

As for your DD, as long as it is still in force then you will continue to get your DD discount. Whilst awaiting a resolution to that issue you could make one-off payments to your account to keep your balance where you would like it to be.

Now that you have posted the issues here it is possible you might get some staff assistance but that can't be guaranteed so any steps you can take outside of this forum to get things moving would be advised.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    Hi
    I got a generic reply nearly 2 weeks later saying my test was still in a queue. Not the most helpful and I can’t believe this has been going on since August!
    Again the response feels very robotic and what makes it difficult is their call centre wherever that maybe only operates 9-5 Monday to Thursday. How can a huge organisation offer such a limited option for those that have to work!
    I will be writing a letter to the energy ombudsman.
    Level 91
    @Bluegloves

you’ve done everything you can - indeed you’ve gone further than might be expected of the best of us. I’m gobsmacked that you’ve been charged £100 for meter test when you think the meter is underscoring. @JoeSoap pointed you towards the complaint process. You need to complete that before approaching the ombudsman.
    Personally I’d cancel the request for the meter test and just accept abnormally low bills. The company clearly hasn’t a clue about how totally stupid it’s position is and many would think it doesn’t deserve to have diligent customers like you volunteering to pay it more for the consumed gas.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 18
    Hi
    I got a generic reply nearly 2 weeks later saying my test was still in a queue. Not the most helpful and I can’t believe this has been going on since August!
    Again the response feels very robotic and what makes it difficult is their call centre wherever that maybe only operates 9-5 Monday to Thursday. How can a huge organisation offer such a limited option for those that have to work!
    I will be writing a letter to the energy ombudsman.

It would also be prudent to have your gas appliances checked and gas rated by a Gas Safe engineer whilst you are waiting. This will give you an overview that the meter and governor are passing the correct volume of gas, and the appliances are operating safely and efficiently.