Twitter people are useless.

Level 1
    I totally agree with you Andy65. It was bad planning when they first started but now after so long it really is bad. It seems that the company is not perticularly interested in the customer given the number of different issues raised on this forum.
    Community Team
    @Andy65 I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my response on the other page about this.

We do of course have a system in place for this, it's just not as fleshed out currently in comparison to the system that was used by E.ON Energy, the system does work, but we understand updates are needed as some of our customers meters come with some errors that need fixing once they're on there.

The smart communications are always being updated/changed as well as enrolment issues which can occur on the Smart Data Communications Company's (DCC) side.
    @silverfox55 Just to echo what @meldrewreborn has said - I understand that you can see a lot of issues mentioned in relation to smart meters on the Community here, mostly due to the in home display not updating. This number does pale in comparison to the number of customers/smart meters we have here at E.ON Next, which are successfully enrolled onto the DCC, communicating as they should, with the IHD showing no errors and updating as and when tariffs change.

- Pete
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 43
    @PeterT_EONNext

My smart meters were fitted by eon-next in January and as far as I know, are functioning correctly. They have sent readings every month and I can see my usage in 30 minute intervals in the Bright app.
    My fixed tariff ended at the end of July and by August 11th my IHD had still not received a tariff update, I had to request it. So either my meters/account have errors that I cannot see or affect them from sending regular readings, or the system doesn't work properly.

It also begs the question, if I had to request a tariff update because it didn't happen automatically, presumably whoever did it would have corrected any errors so that it works automatically next time?

I'll be waiting (reluctantly) to see what happens with the next tariff increase.
    Level 29
    Hi
    Well i asked via twitter and the none reply is above..... just thanks for chatting with us and zilch. This lot are an extremely backward step from the old eon and they should hang their heads in shame. Thw whole transfer has been diabolical and not thought out at all.
    When I posted a PM query with Eon Next on Twitter I was given the following advice to precede my PM message with the following words:
    start conversation
    and then quote
    name address and postcode
    and finally
    Eon Next account number
    followed by my question. I then got a helpful reply 38 hours and 20 minutes later and my request to switch direct debit from fixed direct debit to variable direct debit was confirmed as executed 38 Hours and 24 minutes after my initial post preceded and carried out in the above way as instructed.
    So the moral here is that if one follows the instructions given, things will get sorted in a timely manner notwithstanding any staffing issues etc.

Eon Next Customer

Level 91
    So the moral here is that if one follows the instructions given, things will get sorted in a timely manner notwithstanding any staffing issues etc.

Does that necessarily mean that customers who are maybe taking to Twitter for the first time (something I’ve never managed to do) to seek help should not be engaged in a helpful conversation where these details can be requested if necessary in order to resolve their issues?

It is after all the customer who’s paying the wages.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    38 hours is a timely manner !!!!!!!!!!! just imagine if you were on the phone for that amount of time.

The original point was they did nothing except ask me to say how brilliant they were
    Level 29
    38 hours is a timely manner !!!!!!!!!!! just imagine if you were on the phone for that amount of time
    That's why I used the subsequent term;
    notwithstanding
    The original point was they did nothing except ask me to say how brilliant they were
    Sorry to hear that error of omission in dealing with your question about how long IHDs take to display new tariffs. I remember reading that it depends on the IHD i.e. model, and whether it is functioning properly.
    Hopefully, with troubleshooting the device, Peter and Theunknowntech should be able to get to the bottom of this.
    Theunknowntech is the expert on this here and on your account side, however, I trust you followed Peter's advice to send an email to get further help, and if so how did you get on?
    Last edited by Landmark; 03-09-22 at 23:03.
    Level 43
    38 hours is a timely manner !!!!!!!!!!! just imagine if you were on the phone for that amount of time.

If a business advertises that Customer Services are available 24 hrs/day via Social Media then a response in 38 hours seems excessive, but if I'd sent an email I don't think I'd have too much to moan about if I had a reply within a day and a half - assuming that they have answered my query correctly.

They did send me a link asking for a review on Trustpilot, it's never going to happen if they use a third party site. If I were to give a review it wouldn't be good at all, not because they didn't action my query, but because I had to contact them to tell them they haven't done what they should have done. Despite what they say, I don't think businesses ever take feedback/reviews seriously.
    Level 29
    @Andy65 We don't live in a perfect world, and that's why I have lowered expectations given the ongoing fuel crises (along with the War, the Pandemic, stagflation, the great recession, and last but not least, Brexit and the political fallout of partygate, with the resultant staff shortages caused). So keep calm and be patient ladies and gentlemen😉
    Level 43
    @Andy65 We don't live in a perfect world, and that's why I have lowered expectations given the ongoing fuel crises (along with the War, the Pandemic, stagflation, the great recession, and last but not least, Brexit and the political fallout of partygate, with the resultant staff shortages caused). So keep calm and be patient ladies and gentlemen😉

I agree with you @Landmark although even before that I think standards are generally dropping, maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man.