Constant ongoing problem with my IHD and Meter data being incorrect - Under Complaint

Level 77
    My IHD (Chameleon) shows the totals so far today, so far this week and so far this month (and I can go backwards as well for previous periods). With my meter reads being pulled on 1st, the month also corresponds with the calendar month figures. Makes for neat spreadsheet accounting and acts as a final check for the kWh being billed on each statement 😁.
    My little old Duet isn't that sophisticated 😞, so never really bothered playing with it. Today has been a total revelation. πŸ˜‚ Not that I shall change the way I do things. The problem with getting old one gets set in one's way. πŸ‘΄πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Level 5
    @WizzyWigg
    The "Smartview 3" is a piece of **** and does not live up to it's name. Replace **** with any 4 letter word of your choosing that confers a thing of very limited value and use to the average human being....... I know the word I am thinking of but I don't want to get banned :-)

It is not smart and is not easy to view. The only thing that is probably true is that it is the 3rd incarnation of a terrible IHD!!

Dante's Inferno (pathway to Hell) should have an extra level added for Smart Meters and IHD's and Suppliers of said comodities.
    Last edited by PaulS2024; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:31.
    Level 77
    @WizzyWigg
    The "Smartview 3" is a piece of **** and does not live up to it's name. Replace **** with any 4 letter word of your choosing taht confers a think of limited value and use to the average human being.......

It is not smart and is not easy to view. The only thing that is probably true is that it is the 3rd incarnation of a terrible IHD!!
    Rather like mine then πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Join the spreadsheet gang and use the IHD as a desk ornament. It's great for telling me when it's elevenses.
    Name:  ihd11.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  27.7 KB
    πŸ˜‚
    Level 5
    Ha Ha. I will I think. I have gotten nowhere with Eon on this. The IHD is essentially working okay now but for the Electric I am getting a new tarrif change alert through every day. the light goes blue. I look at the amount and it is the correct amount but the same amount every day. I checked with EON and they have taken me through resetting things on the IHD and have reset things at the back end.

I am convinced that the data is being sent through to the electric meter every day and the IHD is doing its job properly and telling me there is a tarrif change but all eon are doing is telling me to go out and purchase another IHD. I have asked them to prove that the data is not being sent to the meter but since then I have had radio silence. I don't think the IHD is even at fault but it seems no matter what I say I go round and round in a loop of scripted "fixes" with no resolution.

This is my electric meter: Name:  2024-05-0210_36_48-Photo-GooglePhotos.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  48.3 KB

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to interrogare the meter to see if, each day, it is getting a new tarrif from EON ? If I can prove this the either the meter itself must be faulty or EON are erroniously sending a new tarrif change through daily - I can then progress this rather than being told to replace when I think is a perfectly working IHD.

Thanks All :-)

Paul
    Last edited by PaulS2024; 2 Days Ago at 09:39.
    Level 28
    Ha Ha. I will I think. I have gotten nowhere with Eon on this. The IHD is essentially working okay now but for the Electric I am getting a new tarrif change alert through every day. the light goes blue. I look at the amount and it is the correct amount but the same amount every day. I checked with EON and they have taken me through resetting things on the IHD and have reset things at the back end.

I am convinced that the data is being sent through to the electric meter every day and the IHD is doing its job properly and telling me there is a tarrif change but all eon are doing is telling me to go out and purchase another IHD. I have asked them to prove that the data is not being sent to the meter but since then I have had radio silence. I don't think the IHD is even at fault but it seems no matter what I say I go round and round in a loop of scripted "fixes" with no resolution.

This is my electric meter: Name:  2024-05-0210_36_48-Photo-GooglePhotos.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  48.3 KB

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to interrogare the meter to see if, each day, it is getting a new tarrif from EON ? If I can prove this the either the meter itself must be faulty or EON are erroniously sending a new tarrif change through daily - I can then progress this rather than being told to replace when I think is a perfectly working IHD.

Thanks All :-)

Paul
    I don't understand why EOn always seem to think that the IHDs are failing in terms of displaying tariffs etc

The meter holds all the details - all the IHD does is communicate with the meter every 10 secs and picks up all the information from the meter, displaying it in a readable format.

Search online for your meter's instruction manual, and you'll find the sequence of button presses to display all the information held on it including your tariff.
    Level 77
    Hi @geoffers I've looked hi and lo for the instructions to show the tariff on the MA120 to no avail. Hopefully someone might have one and knows the answer . πŸ˜‰
    Level 91
    @PaulS2024

But the tariff data on the meter is put there by the supplier. If its wrong, then only they can correct it - ask customer services for a tariff update - again and again till its correct.

Or do what many of us do - have your own spreadsheet calculating from the units consumed and days elapsed. Its not instant but eventually you'll appreciate that you don't need the IHD , other than to provide the consumption data.

Also compute your own gas volume to kWh factor from past bills. That in the meter is, I'm told, rather inaccurate.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 28
    Hi @geoffers I've looked hi and lo for the instructions to show the tariff on the MA120 to no avail. Hopefully someone might have one and knows the answer . πŸ˜‰
    This link might help - it downloads a pdf with instructions

https://utilita.co.uk/downloads/user...ading_v1.0.pdf
    Level 77
    This link might help - it downloads a pdf with instructions

https://utilita.co.uk/downloads/user...ading_v1.0.pdf
    Sorry @geoffers only shows how to show usage for each register not tariff per KWh. I've seriously scanned many sites, found lots like that pdf but nothing about showing the tariff. Thanks anyway. πŸ‘΄