"Renew my tariff" button

Level 6
    Hello all,

Considering my options for my current fix's expiry in the next couple of months. Dual fuel, single rate elec.

Wandering through the eon-next website today, I've already learned from my tariff renewal process last year that the big red "Renew My Tariff" button doesn't actually renew my tariff. That did strike me as clumsy last year, but it did take me down the path towards tariff renewal, so it was only worth raising one eyebrow as a reaction.

But today, the big red "Renew My Tariff" button doesn't take me down that path at all. After a momentary page refresh it takes me to my dashboard page, the one which gives my account balance and my current tariff. No options to renew, no option to request a quote as a current eon-next user.

I can get to the "our tariffs" page but only as a public user, not as an existing eon-next user. So I don't know what I might be missing. Free woolen socks for existing users, that sort of thing.

Going round the loop again, it's not me pressing something wrong. And I tried it on a different browser too. It's not an inspiring process.

Is there a solution? Ah, I should mention here that the solution isn't "use our Facebook or Twitter pages to start the process". I don't use social media and I have no plans to do so; a requirement to use them wasn't in the contract I agreed to last time I renewed.

I do appreciate the help given to other users here, that is inspiring. Well done all.

M Ergs
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hey there @MicroErgs - How ya' doing? 😎.

I am sorry you haven't found quite what you are looking for in the time scale you expected over here! Big shout out to @Andy65 for being straight onto this, he truly is a 🌟.

We try to keep our Community as customer - customer based as possible and rely on our lovely members to keep it ticking over whilst our moderators are away, but we are sorry for not looking into this sooner on this occasion & I am delighted to hear that it has been sorted out for you by a lovely member of staff on the phone.

We do have a lovely help and support section on our site which includes a whole load of IHD drama! So if you ever find yourself seeking answers on our community again, I would recommend you try out things on there and browse our sections😊.

Take care & have a lovely week,

Hannah
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 43
    Hi @MicroErgs

How far away are you exactly from your current tariff expiring?

The 'Renew my tariff' button works for me. My tariff expires on 31st July and I received an email with renewal options on the 16th June. So 6 weeks before a tariff expiring maybe the earliest that the button works. I'm guessing of course and if that were true it begs the question of why add the Renew button if there's nothing behind it.

If you haven't had a renewal email yet I'd suggest waiting until then, unless you're within 6 weeks of your current tariff expiring. Failing that it could be an error on your account somewhere.
    Level 6
    Hi Andy, yes I guess that renew button may be time-limited; my current tariff expiry is still three months away. But still, I should be able to renew/change at any time or at least to consider doing so with all of the facts presented. (I'll leave out the factors on why one might or might not want to change tariffs well ahead of expiry time).

It does indeed look like something is broken there, and I'm grateful to you for suggesting that possibility. Just to confirm, pressing that button (twice or was it three times?) hasn't resulted in an email from eon-next; that would have been a reasonable response if the webbery itself didn't want to take me to the correct pages.

All the best

M
    Level 6
    An update of sorts: no change to the "Renew my tariff" button's malfunction one week later. The waters of life are too troubled to go for the "do nothing" option so I've phoned up, obtaining confirmation that V16 is available to me. While still on the phone I've chosen to go with that tariff before my current fix expires, for the usual reason -- V16 may not still be chooseable today/tomorrow/next week/next month. That "do nothing" option of waiting for the variable tariff to kick in may be everso expensive by October.

I got a pleasing delay on the start date for my V16. Pleasing in the sense of saving some money. Or of spending less anyway.

Althought I am grateful to @Andy65 for his speedy reaction, overall this forum hasn't been useful to me in this instance. Nor on the previous occasion when I was wondering why my IHD stopped functioning for a week. On the other hand, I hope this thread has been a useful read for others in a similar situation. Today's phone call took less than a minute to be answered, and the lady was pleasant and efficient to speak to.

Cheers all

M