Any Info Would Help No Gas Meter Readings

Level 91
    @PeterT_EONNext one question I do have is once the smart gas meter is working I'm on a fixed tariff till November 23 can I move this over to a Pay as You Go account
    The Electric meter works fine so could I move this to smart pay as you go first or is it best to do gas / elec together

You can pay for your energy use after it has been consumed by Direct Debit, ask to go onto variable Direct Debit. I would advise you to steer well clear of a prepayment meter (they cost you more) or paying by cash /cheque (that costs even more than prepayment.). No need to change tariff.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    @PeterT_EONNext Thanks for the info on DCC Unfortunately my son tried to read the meter when he visited but it wouldn't go onto anything he rarely has time off work I have no other way of reading the meter note my son does not live with me either
    When the boiler was tested recently I asked if he could read the meter he had no luck either

Its a little concerning that two people haven’t been able to read your meter, as pressing the A button on your gas meter (either once or a couple of times) should display the reading (which is followed by ‘m3’ so that would be the reading needed to be taken. Did your son or the engineer checking your boiler say why they couldn’t get the reading from the meter at all?

As @meldrewreborn has mentioned above, there are other payment options available. Topping up on the Prepayment/Smart Pay As You Go tariff would be more expensive as the unit rates and standing charges are higher than what you’d be paying currently, so this is worth thinking about before changing.

If you wanted to though, we may be able to remotely switch your smart meters from credit mode to pay as you go mode where you would top up instead, though we wouldn’t look to do this until the issue with your gas meter is resolved.

I'm starting to wonder if the battery could be dead in your gas meter. If so, the screen wouldn’t show anything (which could explain why no one is able to take your reading) this would also stop the meter from communicating completely. Are you able to confirm if anyone who has tried to read the meter confirmed if the screen lit up at all when the buttons were pressed?
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext Hi yes when the boiler engineer tried he couldn't get up any numbers the same was when my son tried it after pushing AA twice it just said a long word or letters it wouldn't stop showing even if you put AA again I can't remember or didn't see what it said
    Community Team
    @orbiter400

Thanks for confirming the above!

It's a little hard to tell if there is a meter fault or not. Generally a fault would be if the screen didn't react at all or if there was nothing on the screen, but it sounds like there was something displayed on the screen, we're just unsure what.

If another ticket has been raised with the DCC into the communications of the meter and they come back stating that they're unable to get the meter to respond, an engineer visit will more than likely be needed. They'll need to then check the meter, see if they can take a reading and establish if it's faulty, if it's faulty, they'll replace the meter.

Do you have an open line of communication with customer services/a complaint raised in relation to this on your account?
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext I do believe a complaint was raised around November 22 about this all
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext Hi ive just had a decision from the energy ombudsman regarding the complaint
    they are going to put me on 3 monthly meter Readings and they have to give the dcc up to 2025 to get the smart metering working ive got agree to the decision with them and eon next
    I don't think there's anything eon next can do regarding the dcc as its a separate company so getting manual meter readings is best for now at least ill have a accurate bill I just hope the meter is working hopefully the meter reader can check it and go from there
    thought id share this update