Moved house but my online account not updated

Level 1
    I’ve moved house but kept e.onnext as my supplier. However, my new home doesn’t appear in my online account and my online account still has the old account number despite me being given a new account number. Also, I am still receiving bills addressed to ‘the new occupier’ instead of my name and these bills demand payment from before I moved in despite me providing my moving in date and meter readings. Any ideas on how to tackle this please. Customer service have only been partially helpful. How do I link my new home with my online account ?
  • 8 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    @Ndaba Anasa here 👋 Welcome to the Community! I've replied to the PM that you sent and asked for a few more details.

We'll need to get your old account closed down and then a new account set up and all your details added to the account to get you up and running.🙂
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext, hello. This has happened to me as well. I spent 40 mins holding to speak to someone who assured me it was done, then I emailed and I've also tried the WhatsApp service. Can someone please help me? I can't set up a DD or amend rates etc.
    Community Manager
    Hello @Coetzee and Welcome to the Community, it's great to have you here. Could you tell me a little bit more about the issues on your account, is it the information on the app that has not updated? 😊
    Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext Hi, I've moved house and my online account is still linked to my previous account/address. I've been trying for over a week now through phone, email and WhatsApp to get my new address/account linked to my online account.
    Community Team
    Hi @Coetzee

I'm sorry to hear you've been trying to get this sorted and haven't managed to.

If you log in to your online account now, you should be able to see your new address/switch between your old and new address so you can manage the account online for your new home.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 56
    I’ve moved house but kept e.onnext as my supplier. However, my new home doesn’t appear in my online account and my online account still has the old account number despite me being given a new account number. Also, I am still receiving bills addressed to ‘the new occupier’ instead of my name and these bills demand payment from before I moved in despite me providing my moving in date and meter readings. Any ideas on how to tackle this please. Customer service have only been partially helpful. How do I link my new home with my online account ?

One very important question.

When you moved house who was the existing supplier? If not Eon Next, you need to contact the incumbent supplier, opening an account with them before doing any switching to another supplier (such as Eon Next). When you move into another property you are deemed to still be supplied by the existing supplier not the supplier in your old property. Of course if Eon Next is the existing supplier then yes you need to pin customer services down on how to proceed with your account for the new property. It might be that you need to close the account for the old property and then open a new account at the new!
    Level 92
    @Mailman

And woe betide if you have any kind of overlap in your move and EDF happen to be the existing supplier at the new property.

I moved into my current rental property on 24th December but did not relinquish the tenancy on the old property on 19th January this year.

I thought it would be a simple matter to add the new property and meter onto my existing account, and then remove my old property and meter on receipt of final readings. No...too difficult. In the interim, I was paying EDF for the new place and EON.Next kept my old tab running for the old place, taking my direct debits despite having issued a final bill. They couldn't take over the account at the new property until the beginning of June due to a lot of confusion in actually working out which was my meter.

They had asked me for a copy of my tenancy agreement to 'prove' I was indeed entitled to take over the energy supply. They had this by return email...and then transferred the account in my name, but with the address of the landlord and their meter, rather than my correct details. It took almost a month to sort the address out, but they still hasn't got my meter details correct. They wanted me to submit meter readings, but I couldn't enter my domestic single rate meter readings onto what they had down as a commercial dual rate account.

Anyway, finally sorted in June, by which time they had had a couple of hundred of my money and I'd been paying EDF for actual energy used. I won't go into the story of them giving me an estimated bill for the large dairy farm next door - my landlords address. His bills are several thousand a month...
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    I have a problem as well. We moved to new home and can't open account. No emails or calls answered for a week!!!