EON Next Applies Wrong Tariff from 1st October

Level 77
    A reduced electricity tariff of 32.24p per KWh and 49.93p per day now shows online for me. However, this differs from the slightly lower net charges shown on my bill under the energy price guarantee issued yesterday which were 30.702p per KWh and 47.553p per day. I assume the billing details are correct and the online figures are still up the creek.

The online figures are inc VAT. The EPG figures are the online ones less 5% VAT. I hope this might help. I know I wish there was a convention on how these should be communicated.
    Level 91
    @sc489 and @mtbgus
    gas standing charges are national not regional. Electricity standing charges are regional. Both sets of standing charges are per the OFGEM price cap figures announced in August, because the government’s EPG only applies to unit prices.
    i don’t make the rules, I’m just telling you the facts.
    unit prices are regional for both fuels.

the media uses average data to provide an indication of what is happening- but the downside is that nobody is really average so it’s easy to get an Incorrect impression.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 8
    The online figures are inc VAT. The EPG figures are the online ones less 5% VAT. I hope this might help. I know I wish there was a convention on how these should be communicated.
    Yes that explains the difference!

My account is currently in balance. My net electricity spend for the next year will be c. £650 with the reduced tariff and £250 net after the deduction of £400 under the Energy Bills Support Scheme. Nevertheless, EON Next have set a new Direct Debit of £40 per month. I've told them to reduce this to zero for the next 6 months since my account will clearly be in credit by payments from the Energy Bills Support Scheme.
    Level 1
    My tariff expires today. I have been trying for days to get through to Eon online and by phone - but cannot speak to anyone.
    They have emailed me that they are raising my direct debit from £250 a month to £950 a month - a £700 per month increase.
    There is only one person living in my house and I am already £1500 in credit. But I can't seem to stop them taking my money.
    What the heck can I do?
    Level 91
    @CortesC

Can you post your region and your annual forecast consumption for each fuel you use. You have a direct debit - but that is protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee and if the supplier miscalculates your DD you are able to claim it back immediately (YES!) through your bank.

Is your forecast correct for your actual level of consumption. You need logic to properly argue against an incorrect DD, we can assist you with that to make a case to the supplier. Can you also check your online account to see if anything has changed since the email was sent to you.
    Community Team
    Hi @CortesC

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting through on the phone and haven't yet had a response online - the phone lines and other contact methods are very busy currently so it may be a while before you get a response.

The jump you've mentioned seems very excessive, especially if you're in credit currently. When did you receive this email stating the change in your Direct Debit? Have you checked your online account to see what any pending changes to your Direct Debit say?
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here