HAN Issue

Level 6
    To be quite honest I'm pretty bored of it and I'm on the verge of changing suppliers. I don't have an EV, but work shifts, including two night shifts per week from home, so could easily switch energy intensive activities (Washing, drying, dishwashing etc) to off peak hours overnight, I'd just like to get a good handle of my energy usage in real time (or per half hour) to get some real-world figures before making the switch.
    Community Team
    @AndyH Thanks Andy, I removed the message as @Anasa_EONNext had replied, what's been advised by Anasa is also correct. Did you manage to get an Ivie hub in the end?

Did you receive a ruling from the Ombudsman at all? and if so did the team action that ruling?
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 6
    Hi, Please read the posts, all the info has been provided previously. 1) I've ordered the Ivie Bud and it should be delivered next week, however I have my reservations over whether it will work at all. 2) A ruling was made by the ombudsman and EON duly provided a letter of apology, compensation and credit for the Ivie Bud, they did not however fix the underlying issue with the smart meter, comms hub or in home display. The last contact I had from E.ON they stated they 'thought' it was a software problem, yet I've had no communication from anyone in regards to fixing the issue. No updates have been received, no engineer visits have been made.
    Community Team
    @AndyH Thank's for the above info, I've read the previous messages, to me as @theunknowntech this issue is more than likely the communications hub. I'd suggest you get in touch with customer service and request an update or if you pop me a private message with your details.

More than likely, you'll have an ombudsman case handler and they'd be the best people to speak too, however pop me a message and I'll see if there is anything I can do for you.
    Last edited by Beki; 28-07-23 at 07:18.
    Hey @AndyH, I can see that you've had the whole team on this one and I'm concerned this is still going on.

I've got a few questions:

1)When you bring the IHD closer to the comms hub, does it work then? If not, could you try resetting it (apologies if you've done this many times)

2) Do you know what comms hub you have?

3) What type of property do you live in; ie does it have solid brick walls or plasterboard?
    Level 6
    Hi Beki, thanks for trying to help, my patience with this is very thin though after a massively frustrating chat with an EON Employee yesterday where they displayed their lack of understanding of the issue by suggesting there was no HAN issue because you receive my meter readings ok, and the problem might be to do with my internet firewall settings. Quite baffling responses.

Anyway, to answer your questions.

1) I am attempting the reset with the IHD in the same cupboard as the meter, approx 3ft away. A video of me resetting the IHD is here https://www.youtube.com/shorts/x9_cknG5AEU

2) Comms hub is a Toshiba SKU1 in the pic below. I've also included the display of the meter which displays the E error symbol.

Name:  PXL_20230728_103653039.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  31.7 KBName:  PXL_20230728_103659037.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  24.3 KB

3) Walls are made of brick, but the electricity meter is in the hallway and the IHD in the living room. They are normally only approx 15-16ft apart, and it all worked fine previously under Symbio.

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyH; 30-07-23 at 09:43.
    Hey @AndyH, I popped you a DM a day or so ago - did you have an opportunity to read it?

I wondered if your Ivie Bud had arrived and if it's working with your meters? If it doesn't, we may have to explore some other options.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊
    Level 6
    Hi Beki, it arrived and after a bit of faff I've got it working with my electric meter, however personally I don't think it compares too well to the Geo device I had previously. Possibly that's just my opinion, but I find the display quite tricky to view from across the room and there's no battery so I can't move it around with me. The app also seems more gimmicky, I don't need 'challenges' and 'rewards'. I just want to monitor my usage.

It also won't pair with my gas meter either, but pretty sure that's an historic issue from when the electricity meter was switched from Smets1 to Smets2. Hopefully if/when my gas meter is exchanged to a Smets2 meter these issues will sort themselves out. However, as of tomorrow, I'll no longer be an Eon customer so it will another providers concern.

Thanks
    Hey @AndyH,

It's fantastic that it's working so you can get an idea of your energy usage. It may just take a little while to get used to but we have @Will_ivieBud around on the forum if you've got any questions that you need answering. The GEO ones have been updated a lot and replacing it with like-for-like would be near impossible, especially as yours was installed with the meters a number of years ago.

I'm really sorry to hear that you'll be leaving us though and whilst you may not be a customer, you're very welcome to stay on the Community and join in. 😊

Anyway I can help, I will,
    Beki
    E.ON Next Community Manager

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍