No emergency credit

Level 91
    Yes smarty pants, ive never used emergency credit actually, but its there for EMERGENCIES, so if its not there then it defeats the purpose yes?????

which is why I pointed you to customer services so that the emergency credit is there when you are in an emergency situation. But you’d rather ignore that helpful advice and instead get yourself into an emergency situation. That’s down to you and E.On Next, not me or any of the other volunteers here.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 20-11-22 at 20:02.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @Andreacooke12

Emergency credit works differently between electricity meters and gas meters for obvious safety reasons.

An electricity meter counts down to zero. 5p...4p...3p...2p...1p...and then shuts off at zero. You physically have to activate your emergency credit by pulling the card or key, putting it back in and pressing a button, or something.

Gas is a little different. Your emergency credit of £5 is available but activates automatically when your actual credit goes below £1. Your meter then counts down 5p...4p...3p...2p...1p...and then stays on but begins using the emergency credit without you having to do anything.

Imagine you got down to zero, and you had something on the gas hob or in the oven. If your meter dropped the gas supply off, and it took you a minute or two to activate the emergency credit manually, and you hadn't turned everything off, you could come back to a kitchen full of gas, or worse.

So, by design, the meter stays on, counting into the emergency credit. Once that credit is used up, the gas will go off. It's not that you don't have emergency credit...it's that you've used it. When you top up again, your meter will put the emergency credit back on, and then apply the rest of your top-up as actual credit, assuming you put more than £6 on the card or key. If you don't get your credit above £1, you will still be using the emergency credit.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 20-11-22 at 19:53.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    @meldrewreborn, you know nothing about my situation, i know how gas emergency work , so i chose to ignore your comnents
    Last edited by Beki; 07-12-22 at 22:42.
    Level 6
    @meldrewreborn eon have confirmed i have not used any emergency credit, as proved in my video, so stop with your presumptions they are uncalled for
    Last edited by Beki; 07-12-22 at 22:45.
    Level 92
    @Andreacooke12

I don't think either of your last two remarks to @meldrewreborn were justified or necessary. If E.On Next have resolved your problem then great. Both @meldrewreborn and I were trying to offer advice as best we could. Simple as. If the advice any one gave didn't work for you, fair enough.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie you yourself are a wind up merchant. Acting as if you know people's situations and giving unwanted advice like telling people to stop their Netflix subscription and telling people there are others out there in a worse situation. You know nothing all about anyone's situation on here, so stop. Seems like you have nothing better to do but troll people all day.
    Last edited by Beki; 21-11-22 at 12:17.
    Community Team
    @Andreacooke12 I'm glad to hear that you've been speaking to customer service and it now sounds like your issue is being looked into.

We'd like to keep the Community as a safe space where all are welcome for open discussion, and I can assure you that our forum volunteers are here to open up the discussion with you to try and identify the root cause of your query to see what help is available to get things resolved.

Please have a read over the Community Values @Bennie_EONNext mentioned in a previous post if you haven't done so already, as everyone is expected to follow the rules laid out for the forum.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Community Team
    @Hedwig I understand things can be frustrating when you're trying to get to the bottom of an issue you're experiencing.

Again, our forum volunteers are here to help those that post a thread in order to try to get to the root cause of your issue, and respect is expected from all members to keep things friendly across the platform.

Please also read up on the Community Values in relation to how to post your messages across the forum so that we can all continue to have constructive, and helpful conversations 😊
    Level 6
    @PeterT_EONNext retrotecchie is deliberately winding people up by making unhelpful comments and snide remarks. I am sure you can see that. So I am unsure why I am being reminded of the community values. You would do well to remind retroteccie of the values, as he is not following them! Telling people to cut off their Netflix subscription and telling people there are others out there worse off is not helpful. People are coming here for support, not for sarcastic comments!