Next drive tariff

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I have got an ohme pro EV charger, with next drive tariff @9.51p kwh, I charged my car up to 100% on weds 12 midnight till 7am. On the bright app it said the cost was £6.05p. On the Eon app it says it cost £15.54 for a day's electric I have solar panels and my average is £3-50 for a day's electric without car charging.
    can someone explain this what I also don't understand is the half hr thing on the next drive tariff so is the cost 9.51p x 2 =1hr?
    Thanks
  • 2 Replies

Level 29
    I have got an ohme pro EV charger, with next drive tariff @9.51p kwh, I charged my car up to 100% on weds 12 midnight till 7am. On the bright app it said the cost was £6.05p. On the Eon app it says it cost £15.54 for a day's electric I have solar panels and my average is £3-50 for a day's electric without car charging.
    can someone explain this what I also don't understand is the half hr thing on the next drive tariff so is the cost 9.51p x 2 =1hr?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the EOn app can't cope with the Next Drive tariffs, so best to ignore it completely.

The Bright app picks up your tariff rates from what is stored on your meter. Unfortunately this may be incorrect too, if EOn hasn't/can't update the dual ToU rates onto your meter (where it is used for informational purposes only - ie. for showing costs on the IHD which will also be incorrect if the stored meter rates are incorrect)

What you do need to do if your meter rates are incorrect is override them in the Bright app so it will look like this
    Name:  Screenshot_2023-12-24-18-07-13-14_db6c14ec762e0b6c476f0d64a8005767.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  15.9 KB
    Bright will then show your calculated costs correctly, and luckily the calculations do match what EOn actually bills you 😁

Also no need to worry about the ½hr thing - the rate is 9.5p per kWh (ie 1kw used in 1 hour would be 9.5p, so if you used 1kw in ½ an hour over the full hour that would cost 19p)
    Last edited by geoffers; 24-12-23 at 21:11.
    Level 5
    @geoffersthanks for the fast reply and explanation let's hope eon sort it, I'm guessing the smart meter will be the same for other provider eg octopus?