NextDrive EV charging tarriff - experience

Level 91
    I think that the proof will be obtained when observation with the Mk 1 eyeball once the clocks go back . A check on the Sunday evening following the change will be definitive. Until then I wouldn't be confident which version is actually true.

However I find the inability of Eon Next to give a definitive answer to this fairly fundamental point to be deeply disappointing.

PS I'm totally unaffected by all this.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 29
    I think that the proof will be obtained when observation with the Mk 1 eyeball once the clocks go back . A check on the Sunday evening following the change will be definitive. Until then I wouldn't be confident which version is actually true.

However I find the inability of Eon Next to give a definitive answer to this fairly fundamental point to be deeply disappointing.

PS I'm totally unaffected by all this.
    I don't think there's an issue at the meter end - the SMETS2 spec states that the meter shall be capable of
    5.6.3.20 Local Time Change Calendar
    A set of rules used to calculate Local Time from UTC.
    So clearly the meter is at present showing the local time as BST, and as per the spec records all the data with a GMT timestamp, applying the one hour adjustment in the summertime.

The EonNext app a few weeks ago was showing the usage data based on only the GMT timings (I know this as the first hour of my midnight EV charging was being included in the previous days total)

However the app now seems to have been corrected, so that the 23:00 GMT usage has been corrected to appear in the totals from 00:00 BST onwards

I am starting to feel quietly confident that the billing will also match this, when I eventually receive the breakdown.

Must be the first time in my life I'm actually looking forward to receiving a bill 🤣
    Level 5
    Have we any idea when we will get a monthly statement of Off Peak / Peak useage.
    Last month I got customer services to screenshot me a summary of useage. I have only been with EON for 6 we eks ( From Octopus Go Faster ),but it took me a week to realise, I was charging my EV at the wrong time. ( GMT/BST issue ). If it wasn't for this group and looking at the Kwh use on the App, I wouldn't have known. I know I can use Bright, Loop & Hugo, but this really is a bit poor isn't it that customer's have to look at other 3rd Party Apps to see a breakdown of their Kwh Useage.
    Level 5
    Hi
    Moved to Eon Drive on 23rd August after a disasterous introduction to Eon. I was placed on the Next Flex tarrif for the 2 weeks it took to place me on the Drive tarrif. No one was able (despite numerous phone calls) to confirm with certainty when my off peak interval was. The meter clearly had not been altered to anything remotely resembling the 2 or three time intervals I had been given. The total consumption was correct but the peak/off peak split was way out. Finally after much discussion EON just refunded me the costs for this 2 week interval. Since I have been on EONdrive the only data EON have provided me is the "Day" "Night" readings which bear no resemblance to the actual day/night useage according to both the n3rgy smart meter data bas and my own current clamp data. The total consumption is completely accurate but again the split is most definitely not. As a side issue they are infact recording the "night" readings as "day" and vica versa. It appears to be a complete mess at the moment. I look forward to the first calculated bill and the hours of discussion that will be required to sort it out.
    Level 29
    @Docler - as mentioned earlier in this thread, your best bet is to download the "Bright" app, which shows your true consumption in ½ hourly intervals, and just recently has been updated to allow you override the rates from your meter, and enter your correct ToU tariff times/rates. (The tariff Bright picks up is the one from your meter, which my case is incorrect)

You can also download the raw data from glowmarkt.com (Bright's parent website) to create your own spreadsheet if you want.

So I'm happy that my ½ hourly meter readings & my own spreadsheet costings match those shown on the Bright app.

I've been on Next Drive for 2 months now, but EOn have not been able to provide a statement yet; their app doesn't yet provide ToU tariff displays; they are unable to update the ToU rates onto my meter (which are just informational anyway) - but I've been assured my bills will be calculated correctly.

Just need to see some proof...🤞
    Last edited by geoffers; 25-09-23 at 20:40.
    Level 5
    Geoffers
    I too am concerned that EON have a very shaky handle on this product. I download my 1/2 hourly data feed from my meter via data.n3rgy.com. I have an invertor with current clamps so am able to double check useage against time of use. Given that EON are recording my "day" and "night" readings the wrong way around and that my meter appears to be switching between peak and off peak at times that correspond to the old EDF economy 7 tarrif that existed when the meter was installed I have virtually zero confidence that any bill that finally turns up will be correct. I shall continue to input data into my own excel spreadsheet for the eventual "discussion" with EON that I feel sure will happen!
    Level 5
    @geoffers

So I have downloaded the Bright app, and, as you state I was able to enter the EONNextdrive ToU tarrif. The half hourly data, and the cost per day, match up exactly with my own spread sheet using my half hourly data from https://data.n3rgy.com. Finally this consumption data over any interval from both external sources tallies exactly with the TOTAL units recorded on my smart meter (sum of day and night). Of course the ToU settings are not as per the Next drive tarrif. I have no data showing on the EON app for the 6-7 weeks I have been on this tarrif so have no way of knowing if EON are recording my use correctly.
    Level 29
    @Docler 👍

Just out of interest: although incorrect, does your meter have the facility to show the multiple time of use tariffs.

Mine is a landis+gyr e470 type 5424 and according to the manual should be able to show tou tariffs, however when I cycle through the menus to the point it should show the tou registers I just get the single (incorrect) tariff.

Information on the landis+gyr meters is pretty sparse - I've seen a YouTube video which does show my meter model displaying multiple tariffs.

However I've also seen a reference to the same 5424 meter coming in 2 versions ie single tariff and multiple tariff, but I don't know if this is true or not
    Level 5
    @geoffers
    Same meter...a quick cycle through the A button options shows I am with EON Next BUT the tarriff is a single (incorrect) Kw rate and an incorrect day standing rate. Like a previous post I am actually looking forwards to my next bill, scheduled for 14th October, to see what is actually being calculated in regard to my useage!