Bill downloads won't open

Level 56
    I just checked my Fire Max tablet. Download button then opened with Adobe reader. Web browser Opera.
    Level 29
    @geoffers

I have an Android phone and downloaded statements simply open and display automatically. They don't go into my downloads folder unless I explicitly save them.
    In my experience, if I download a file it goes to the download folder...

They must be somewhere on your phone (even if only stored temporarily), so maybe they've been downloaded to the app specific /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/... etc .. etc .. folder, from which they are opened for you to view, then presumably saved to your global "download" folder if you choose to do so.

If you have "File Manager Plus" you can view system restricted folders, without having to "root" your phone
    Last edited by geoffers; 17-11-23 at 22:57.
    Level 92
    @geoffers

Nope....my statement links always open the PDF directly having downloaded them to RAM. Exactly the same behaviour as on my PC. They never get physically saved in the downloads folder unless I explicitly opt to save them from within my PDF reader. And there would never be a reason for me to do that, so I don't. It may use a temporary storage location, but if I close the PDF, there's nothing saved anywhere unless I explicitly choose to save it.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 18-11-23 at 01:21.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 29
    @geoffers

Nope....my statement links always open the PDF directly having downloaded them to RAM. Exactly the same behaviour as on my PC. They never get physically saved in the downloads folder unless I explicitly opt to save them from within my PDF reader. And there would never be a reason for me to do that, so I don't. It may use a temporary storage location, but if I close the PDF, there's nothing saved anywhere unless I explicitly choose to save it.
    That's strange - maybe it's phone/version dependent (or maybe I'm missing something)...

I appreciate that's the way it works on the PC (though they will actually be in some hidden temporary internet files folder), but on my phone I only get a Download option (not a "View" option) in either the EOn Next app or the website

So in the app from this page if I click download
    Name:  appDownload.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  20.1 KB
    The download happens and you are presented with the choice of PDF viewer - you won't be getting this is you've chosen your viewer & checked "don't ask again", so the viewer will just open immediately (the download has happened whether or not you chose to view it)
    Name:  androidChoice.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  15.6 KB
    So when I look in the Download folder I can see the downloaded file, which has been opened in the viewer if I chose the view option, or not

If you view it several times, multiple copies of the same file (called Statement eonnext etc...) are downloaded, and the same happens via the webpage (Named in my case A-5blah-blah etc....)
    Name:  downloadFolder2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  28.1 KB

The files are stored in the /storage/emulated/0/Download folder BTW....
    Last edited by geoffers; 18-11-23 at 12:14.
    Community Team
    @Rod Hello 👋 - some great advice here by some of our members - did you manage to view your bills? How did you open them in the end?
    Last edited by Connor_EONNext; 22-11-23 at 13:37.
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳