AIHD switched to awaiting data

Level 3
    Hi,
    My previously working AIHD now simply shows awaiting data for last 2 days.

here's the background if any of it is relevant.
    We moved into this house in may 2023 and requested smart meters.
    Smart meters were installed in June but they fitted a standard IHD and not and AIHD (talking) which I had requested as I am blind. After the install, the IHD was working fine.
    In early july another engineer came to replace the IHD with an AIHD. This process seemed to give the guy a headache but eventually he got it sorted. I think as part of the job, he had to actually replace the electricity smart meter as our meter reading went back to 0.
    After he left, everything was fine with the new AIHD correctly showing all information for both meters.
    All was fine for 2 weeks then 2 days ago during dinner the AIHD suddenly started talking saying that there was an error. Ever since then it has just said awaiting data and reports that there is a problem with the gas meter and the electricity meter.
    On a side note I use the loop energy app to view our usage and I believe they pull their data from N3rgy, who I also use to download the smart data to put into spreadsheets. The wife says I need to get a life, but I enjoy it. Loop can get data for both meters right up to today.
    The AIHD is only a few meters from the electricity meter and has worked fine in that position for two weeks so I am ruling out simple range problems.

Sorry if this was all a bit of an information dump, but I hope something in there might trigger a solution to getting our AIHD to display our energy data again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
  • 15 Replies

Level 78
    @Washknight

Morning and welcome to the forum. Have you tried switching the AIHD off and then back on? This can sometimes resolve this issue. As you are already close to your meters if this doesn't work I think you might need to contact Customer Services.
    Level 91
    @Washknight

If the above idea from @WizzyWigg doesn’t work and you don’t yet want to contact customer service then if you can post some photos of the meters and AIHD on here then @theunknowntech may be able to advise. Edit... Note to theunknowntech... The issue is now resolved 👍

A accurate description of what the little lights on the comms hub (normally attached to the electric meter) are doing, HAN, WAN etc., what colour, solid or flashing, if flashing then at exactly what interval etc.

The more info you can give, the better the diagnosis.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 28-07-23 at 14:22.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 3
    Hi,

Thanks for your responses. With regards recycling power on the AIHD, I'm not sure I can. The AIHD, a geo Trio I believe, doesn't appear to have a power switch. I include a photo of the device below to help identify it. It differs from other IHDs in that it has a rechargeable LiIon battery. If there is a way to recycle power other than letting battery drain which will take approx 4 hours apparently, I'd would be interested to know.

Happy to upload video of electricity metter and comms unit, however describing is difficult as I am blind. I could upload a short video if that would be helpful. Do I need to do anything to liven the meter up before pointing my phone at it and take a video for a few seconds?

Many thanks.

Paul
    Level 78
    @Washknight

Did you say you have uploaded a photo of the ihd, sorry to say it doesn't seem to be visible. Photos of meters and coms would be fine. Don't worry at the moment about livening things up.
    Level 3
    Hi,

Hmm, having a problem uploading photo. Might be a "blind" thing. I use the insert image button and successfully choose the file and then hit the upload file button. After a few seconds the dialog goes away and I am back in the reply editor. Do I need to do something else to actually attach the photo at this stage, because it isn't clear to me what that is .

Thanks for help.
    Paul
    Level 78
    Hi,

Hmm, having a problem uploading photo. Might be a "blind" thing. I use the insert image button and successfully choose the file and then hit the upload file button. After a few seconds the dialog goes away and I am back in the reply editor. Do I need to do something else to actually attach the photo at this stage, because it isn't clear to me what that is .

Thanks for help.
    Paul

Hi Paul
    You need to go to "Go Advanced" button next to "Submit Reply" then down to "Manage Attachments". Push " Manage Attachments " that will give you the ability to choose and upload photos. Once uploaded at the top it gives you the ability to close that window and takes you back to the post. Push "Submit Reply" and in theory your photos should also be posted. Fingers crossed.

I think I might have found a user manual for your AIHD and true I couldn't see a way of recycling other than unplugging it. As @JoeSoap said we could wait and see if theunknown tech comes up with any other ideas.

Update all resolved.

The manual I've found is for the Trio Accessible.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 28-07-23 at 15:40. Reason: Extra information
    Level 91
    @Washknight

I've just tried to insert a photo and simply clicked on the Reply button in your post, then put the cursor where I wanted the image to appear, then clicked on the Insert Image button in the tool bar at the top of the reply box, then Choose File, then Upload Files. Hey Presto... the image of my own IHD has appeared below. Hope you have some luck with this and maybe can get some assistance with it.

In case @theunknowntech looks in, please note this is not the IHD in question.

Name:  IMG_3253.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  108.6 KB
    Level 3
    Hi,

Ummm hopefully this has the photo this time.

As for the video, I have no idea how to make it small enough to upload even though only 22mb, so include a dropbox link to the video, hopefully that will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/f8uqv...292fakbki&dl=0

Many thanks for patience.

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 78
    @Washknight

Brilliant, and that's the AIHD I've found the user manual for. The video is fine.