Exit Fees

Level 9
    Hi, can someone please clarify as I’ve been given two different responses from the WhatsApp Team.

I was told last week that exit fees don’t apply if I switch to another Eon Next Tariff. I enquired yesterday regarding the new V2 Tariff and was told exit fees do apply to switch to another Eon Tariff?? Anyone able to confirm. 🙏
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    From what I understand, there's no exit fee unless the Tariff Information Label for your current tariff specifies otherwise. I'd check the terms of your current tariff for the exact answer.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 18
    From what I understand, there's no exit fee unless the Tariff Information Label for your current tariff specifies otherwise. I'd check the terms of your current tariff for the exact answer.
    I am in the middle of switching tariffs to the Loyalty v4 fixed contract and whilst there are no details yet on my account set up, I understand there are exit fees of £150 for duel fuel. However, does this mean exit fees to move to another supplier, or to simply switch tariffs if I wished to move to anything better within the next 12 months still with E.on Next.
    Level 78
    If Exit Fees are listed, they'd apply based on the terms. It varies though. Some suppliers waive the fee if you're staying with them and/or extending the contract while others charge regardless.

The answer to this is to check the terms for your contract, as that's the single source of truth.
    Level 57
    I am in the middle of switching tariffs to the Loyalty v4 fixed contract and whilst there are no details yet on my account set up, I understand there are exit fees of £150 for duel fuel. However, does this mean exit fees to move to another supplier, or to simply switch tariffs if I wished to move to anything better within the next 12 months still with E.on Next.

What I would do is to email Eon Next and get personal confirmation that internal transfers to another Eon Next tariff would not incur £75 per fuel exit fee as some have recently about this same v4 product over at MSE Energy Forum.(page 4)

Unless the contract terms specify exit fees on this product for internal transfers (and you get this confirmation email) then its probably safe to say that you won't be dinged if you start off on V4 and then change to another Eon Next tariff down the road. Then if you are I'd say you have a really good case to have exit fees reimbursed should they be applied in error.

General T&C for Eon Next Tariffs

See section 11.2 (last para) - this implies that you are probably only likely to face exit fees if changing supplier rather than an internal transfer.

You can arrange to switch to another of our tariffs or to another supplier at any time without giving notice, but if you switch supplier before we send you your renewal notice we may charge you an exit fee. See your confirmation letter for details

The above would imply that their T&C suggests that internal transfers will not be subject to any exit fees.

Level 5
    This is an (slightly edited, for brevity) emails discussion with Eon Next
    " I currently have an offer of a new Fixed Rate Tariff - Next Loyalty 12M Fixed Rate - July 23 Issue 1
    This includes Exit Fees. The T&Cs state these are applicable if I switch to another supplier.
    Can you please advise whether they will apply if I decide (during the contract) to switch to a different tariff with Eon Next"

Response
    Hi Jim,

Yes, the exit fee would only apply if you moved supplier during the 12 months. There is no exit fee if you change tariff.
    Kind Regards
    Donna
    Eon Next
    So, No exit fee if staying with E.on Next
    One caveat to this - having switched to the Loyalty V4 (missed out on the MUCH better V1) Eon won't give any further tariff quotes online (until 45 days before tariff ends) - need to call them if you want to consider a switch