Suddenly being asked for an extra £200 per month ? How ?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    @aaabbbccc

Another thought... From what I can gather, you have been paying a fixed DD of £77.60 per month since your contract started in September. Your account balance on 22 Jan was only £11.50DR. That would suggest you are pretty up to date with things and there's not much wrong with your account to date. Would you agree with that or do you think there are some past problems? Your only concern it seems is the estimate of your future usage, which we think a variable DD might sort.

Are you still on E7 or are you on a single rate tariff now? It's just that when you phone CS tomorrow you might just like to confirm your tariff is as you want it. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92
    @aaabbbccc

The other question I have is...is that £11.50DR the final balance on your bill, or is that just for the electricity side of a dual-fuel account. I.e. what is the bottom line account balance?
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @aaabbbccc

The other question I have is...is that £11.50DR the final balance on your bill, or is that just for the electricity side of a dual-fuel account. I.e. what is the bottom line account balance?

Reading this post it's the balance of the energy account if you do the sums downwards from the top line where it says that. It's the only clue that it's an electricity-only contract.
    Level 91
    I like to think that we can diagnose most problems, given reasonable data supplied. But if we don’t get that data we’re just guessing. I give up on this one - I don’t like wasting my time. Other volunteers might have more patience than me.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap
    Its an electricity only account although I do my gas with eonnext as well. I was with Npower who got taken over by Eonnext
    and obviously then I had to have my electric with eonnext too. As far as I know I'm E7 not single rate , I give 2 readings for night
    and day although my meters day reading is no.2 and the night one no. 1. It took me a while to get that right, I had to watch what
    readings changed and when, and to press button 6 on my particular meter.
    My cheap rate is all weekend and nights (T1, 00007) and the expensive rate is daytime mon-fri (T2, 00011).
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap
    Yes I was happy with £11.50DR. Only when I got the email from eonnext saying they were changing my fixed DD to £288 per month
    did I get unhappy. I had no such problems with gas on eonnext. But apparently because I live in a 3 bedroom house eonnext (electric)
    think I will use a lot more than I actually will and have estimated accordingly. I have noticed as the more recent bills appeared that their
    estimates are going down as they get closer to the 12 month time (September 2024) my meter will have been there because they have now
    got more months readings but it'll only be right by September, certainly not before. Variable DD for me then I think !
    Level 91
    @aaabbbccc

Hopefully you benefit from having E7 as opposed to a single rate tariff. I always associate it with night storage heaters, which I don't think you have, so hopefully it's the right tariff for you. Presumably you have two separate accounts, one for gas and one for electric, and you are happy with how the gas account is running. I hope you get things as you want with the electric account going forward after speaking to customer service.
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap
    Have phoned customer service on 0808 501 5200, and asked to go to variable Direct Debit as you advised. As the man had an Indian accent
    I had to say things a couple of times, but he told me he has moved my account to variable DD. I then asked if I would get a confirmation email,
    he said yes but I'm still waiting 3 hours later. Went on the website on my laptop, but can't log on at the moment, I just get a no entry if I try.
    But then went on the app on my phone and it has indeed been changed to variable DD with a payment of £0.00 for 1 Mar 2024. Presumably my £77
    payment for 1 Feb 24 will still come out, I have sent a new meter reading to see what happens next. My new smart meter arrives on (Hopefully, they
    did cancel the last appointment before) 9 Feb 2024 so I'll see what happens then as well. Thanks for helping me out, it is appreciated believe me !
    If there are more problems (hopefully not) as Arnold said "I'll be back!"
    Also someone called Benjamin sent an email saying my payments had been amended, before I did any of this, but not what to. This was before I
    called to change my DD to variable though.
    Level 91
    @aaabbbccc

Good news. Hopefully it will all go to plan 🤞. Please keep an eye on things and update us.