Simple graph to show energy usage

Level 91
    I've just checked the Bright costs against my spreadsheet and they are actually not allowing for BST in the summertime, so are an hour out in their calculations!

Interesting. I had looked at my Bright app when the clocks went back and was somehow expecting to see two lots of usage from 1-2am but of course didn't, so I wondered how they accounted for the lost or gained hour when the clocks changed. I now know they don't do anything. In light of what you've said, I looked back to March last year when I was working into the small hours and, as I came home at the same time every night, I could see the spike in electricity as I made myself some tea. The same timeslot every night without fail. Once the clocks went forward that timeslot was one hour earlier every night. You learn something new every day 👍
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 56
    Interesting. I had looked at my Bright app when the clocks went back and was somehow expecting to see two lots of usage from 1-2am but of course didn't, so I wondered how they accounted for the lost or gained hour when the clocks changed. I now know they don't do anything. In light of what you've said, I looked back to March last year when I was working into the small hours and, as I came home at the same time every night, I could see the spike in electricity as I made myself some tea. The same timeslot every night without fail. Once the clocks went forward that timeslot was one hour earlier every night. You learn something new every day 👍

Have a gander at this thread from a few months ago.

For the Bright app it is now showing, as expected, in Timezone settings, 'Your timezone is set to UTC+0' Note that the 'set timezone' bar is greyed out. 😁
    Level 28

For the Bright app it is now showing, as expected, in Timezone settings, 'Your timezone is set to UTC+0' Note that the 'set timezone' bar is greyed out. 😁
    Aaaah: that makes total sense - so it's calculating the costs based on the current timezone setting, rather than showing the costs as they were, based on BST from March thru Oct and GMT for Oct thru Mar

I'm sure I would have noticed if the displayed costs had been incorrect when viewing them previously..
    Level 91

So the time zone changes when the clocks move and all historical consumption moves to that time zone. Is that correct? That would explain why I’ve not noticed the spikes being in the wrong place for any recent usage at the time of viewing.
    Level 28
    So the time zone changes when the clocks move and all historical consumption moves to that time zone. Is that correct? That would explain why I’ve not noticed the spikes being in the wrong place for any recent usage at the time of viewing.
    Yep - there's a bug in the app which is recalculating all your historical costs based on the current time zone, not the time zone which was in force at the time the reading was taken.
    I'm just about to raise another ticket with Bright (who are very responsive and proactive) so hopefully they can fix this 👍
    Level 91
    @geoffers

Ah right, I wasn’t quite correct I don’t think. When we’re in GMT then all historical data in previous GMT days is correct whilst anything in BST days is showing an hour earlier than it actually was… as it is now. Then when we switch to BST all data in previous BST days will be correct whilst anything in GMT days will be showing an hour later than it actually was.

I think I’ve got it 🤔
    Level 5
    Hi all,

Many thanks for your suggestions and ideas.

In the end I found the Bright and Loop apps gave me what I wanted without the need for fiddling about with spreadsheets. Both apps are excellent and ten times better than the e-on effort.

I can, of course, always download the data from n3rgy or Glowmarkt if I fancy some Excel action.

Thanks again.