Electricity useage and ivie bud

Level 91
    @geoffers

the meters and comms hubs are the responsibility of the supply company. And all equipment is certified to have been built as conforming to the SMETS design criteria. This stuff should work, it’s not as though the task is particularly complicated, in essence it’s readings up to the supplier and tariff prices down. Then both sets of data to the IHD.

I read somewhere recently that OFGEM had encouraged the largest suppliers into agreeing to step up their efforts to get more meters fully functional. Unfortunately I think the problems are very deep rooted and those in authority don’t have the courage to call a halt to further roll out of smart meters in favour of developing a better simpler and more robust system better suited to delivering the advertised benefits to the consumer.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @geoffers

The meters and comms hubs are the responsibility of the supply company.

Not strictly true. The actual meters themselves are the responsibility of the supplier. The DCC handles the ordering and delivery of communications hubs to energy suppliers and their agents who fit them during the smart meter installation. DCC also manages and verifies the available communication hub firmware variants.

So if the hub doesn't play nicely, it is ENTIRELY the responsibility of the DCC. No ands, ifs or buts. Only...us mug punters can't communicate with the DCC directly (a bit like some coms hubs 🤣) so we have to go through a third party, i.e. the supplier.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

Thank you for that. It explains a lot. The supplier needs DCC to supply a new hub to make an IHD work, and as you say DCC are not answerable to the customer. The complexity built into the system makes it a miracle if it all works at all.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Which is why I say scrap the whole fiasco and revert to standard meters and meter readers/customer supplied readings.