New Gas Smart Meter Stopped Communicating

Level 78
    @WizzyWigg

Thanks so much for your help. BTW there are no lights whatsoever lit up on the gas meter- does that indicate anything or not?
    I'm not up on that meter. @retrotecchie 's advice is the still the best. 👴 You could always post a photo of the meter in this thread and may be one of the forum's learned members might be able to advise.
    Level 5
    I'm not up on that meter. @retrotecchie 's advice is the still the best. 👴 You could always post a photo of the meter in this thread and may be one of the forum's learned members might be able to advise.

I've attached a photo of the meter - not sure if any lights should be lit up or not.

I've been given some instructions on how to join HAN:

• Press and hold again to enter the main menu.
    • Do2 short presses of the button to get to the ‘Information’ menu.
    • Press and hold the button to enter the ‘Join’ menu.
    • Press and hold the button again to trigger the ‘Join HAN’procedure that will search for your network.
    • If successful the screen will show ‘HAN SETUP COMPLETE’
    • It’s as straightforward as that! The meter will then go back to sleep again after a few seconds. If you press the wrong button at any time all you have to do is wait a few seconds and the menu will go back to the start.

I'm not sure what button to press to get to the join menu.

When I press the blue A button I just get the following:

SELECT MODE:

1 - VEND MODE
    2- ENTER PIN
    3 - SET PIN

Anyone got an ideas? 🤔 Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 5
    @retrotecchie

I've also sent photo of Electricity meter. The WAN and HAN light in top right are flashing green every 5 seconds and the bottom left is flashing red every 5 seconds.

Does this indicate whether the gas meter is still paired up with the HAN light flashing or not necessarily?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 78
    I've attached a photo of the meter - not sure if any lights should be lit up or not.

I've been given some instructions on how to join HAN:

• Press and hold again to enter the main menu.
    • Do2 short presses of the button to get to the ‘Information’ menu.
    • Press and hold the button to enter the ‘Join’ menu.
    • Press and hold the button again to trigger the ‘Join HAN’procedure that will search for your network.
    • If successful the screen will show ‘HAN SETUP COMPLETE’
    • It’s as straightforward as that! The meter will then go back to sleep again after a few seconds. If you press the wrong button at any time all you have to do is wait a few seconds and the menu will go back to the start.

I'm not sure what button to press to get to the join menu.

When I press the blue A button I just get the following:

SELECT MODE:

1 - VEND MODE
    2- ENTER PIN
    3 - SET PIN

Anyone got an ideas? 🤔 Thanks in advance

Afternoon. I'll tag a very learned colleague @theunknowntech to this post who might be able to advise about the question about the lights. I wouldn't suggest trying to join the HAN without contacting CS. 👴
    Level 5
    Afternoon. I'll tag a very learned colleague @theunknowntech to this post who might be able to advise about the question about the lights. I wouldn't suggest trying to join the HAN without contacting CS. 👴

Thanks very much for this - I've also posted a photo of electricity meter above and the HAN light is flashing green - does this mean the gas meter is reading to it as it should?

My IHD isn't displaying anything either due to the gas meter stopped communicating with EON Next.

It's so annoying as I've contacted them again and just keep being told the same thing:

We're waiting on a fix for this issue, but we don't have a timeframe for this. An engineer will not be able to fix this and we would need you to give manual reads for now.

Not sure what the issue is supposed to be but I was told the exact same thing word for word when we had our old smart meters - it must be one of their standard phrase answers. @retrotecchie
    Level 78
    Thanks very much for this - I've also posted a photo of electricity meter above and the HAN light is flashing green - does this mean the gas meter is reading to it as it should?

My IHD isn't displaying anything either due to the gas meter stopped communicating with EON Next.

It's so annoying as I've contacted them again and just keep being told the same thing:

We're waiting on a fix for this issue, but we don't have a timeframe for this. An engineer will not be able to fix this and we would need you to give manual reads for now.

Not sure what the issue is supposed to be but I was told the exact same thing word for word when we had our old smart meters - it must be one of their standard phrase answers. @retrotecchie
    I can completely sympathize with your frustration. You say your IHD isn't displaying anything. Is it not showing anything at all for both gas and electricity?
    Level 5
    I can completely sympathize with your frustration. You say your IHD isn't displaying anything. Is it not showing anything at all for both gas and electricity?

On the main display screen on the IHD where it has the lightening bolt and flame it just has a blank dash where it used to display the daily cost.

If I go into the menu then it displays the electricity usage/cost but absolutely nothing for gas.

Not sure why it won't just display the electricity usage on the home screen even if the gas isn't working but it won't- perhaps they both need to work for it to display total cost?

I haven't a clue - it's mind boggling!!! 🤯
    Level 78
    On the main display screen on the IHD where it has the lightening bolt and flame it just has a blank dash where it used to display the daily cost.

If I go into the menu then it displays the electricity usage/cost but absolutely nothing for gas.

Not sure why it won't just display the electricity usage on the home screen even if the gas isn't working but it won't- perhaps they both need to work for it to display total cost?

I haven't a clue - it's mind boggling!!! 🤯
    Okay dokey the positive is your IHD is working just not showing the gas. You could try seeing if you are connected to the DCC by going to the following https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk if you haven't already. It's not 100% accurate but might give a clue.
    Personally I'm really old fashioned and still take meter readings and do all the costings and usage on a spreadsheet. Simpler faster more accurate and less frustrating.
    Level 5
    Okay dokey the positive is your IHD is working just not showing the gas. You could try seeing if you are connected to the DCC by going to the following https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk if you haven't already. It's not 100% accurate but might give a clue.
    Personally I'm really old fashioned and still take meter readings and do all the costings and usage on a spreadsheet. Simpler faster more accurate and less frustrating.

Thanks for that - I did a check and it says "We can't find your meter" but I did a check for electricity and it said exactly the same which is odd cos that one is working fine in smart mode.

I agree with you, the old fashioned way was the best!!!
    Level 78
    You cannot HAN Join the meters yourself. You need the DCC installer app which is private and restricted.

As for the lights? They seem normal to me
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!