No integrity or morals on billing with this company

@JoeSoap thanks for the quick response. It is my mother's house, yes. Still empty so minimal energy usage. Via PM from an employee, it was reduced down. The inaccurate, and source-unknown meter readings in June possibly resulted in the increase from what DD changed to. And getting to over £600 in credit can in no way cover "only what you actually use". The credit balance has very definitely built up enormously. And readings have been pretty regular if not monthly due to distance from the house.
    Level 91
    @daddycool

You’re welcome. I still think Variable Direct Debit would work best for you. Any credit balance would be used up first to satisfy the bills before anything was taken from your bank.

Regardless of that, everything hinges on accurate readings and that’s where your current issue seems to lie with this incorrect reading from an unknown source.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    @JoeSoap thank you. I will re-engage with them and get them to check. from all you say, this is not what she is on. But the link you gave before said it does get automatically adjusted and I think that is what has happened. Thanks again