Direct Debit Collection - Wrong amount

Level 91
    @retrotecchie

yes but you assumed that the original query related to somebody on a flex tariff when there was no evidence of that. Prices under the EPG are circa 27% up on September prices ( dual fuel average user) but the likelihood that the increase in Direct Debit came out at exactly £67 was rather slim. One could hope and expect that E.On Next might get this right and communicate with their customers more effectively but it seems that they have been to the 10 Downing Street school of naff communication rather than a professional college.
    by the time the £400 comes to an end in March 2023 they’ll have probably ironed out the process, just in time for a new system to commence.
    I have to say that I’ve had no issues at all, but clearly many others haven’t. I call it as I see it.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

Aye, it may work slightly differently for Fixed DD, receipt of bill DD and fixed tariffs. Because no one in HMG looked at all the possible permutations and combinations probably, and I suppose the energy suppliers weren't given enough time to thoroughly figure it out either.

Rather like Kwasi Modo saying 'lets cut taxes' and not factoring in that what little tax we'd get back with one hand would be beaten out of us in interest charges with the other.

Never trust the 'beta' or even version 1.0 of any plan. Most plans rarely survive first contact with the enemy!
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @meldrewreborn I know I say this all the time, but I have fed this back and actually the conversations are so valuable here that E.ON Next can really learn so much. They have been thoroughly open to feedback the team have given. It's great to have real input rather than market research on these things. The Community is a bridge between the customer (and public) and the business so please never stop feeding back about these things (as long as you want to of course).😊
    Level 1
    getting on the bandwagon can someone explain this to me please, I had £ 66 reduced from my D.D. beginning October and £66 put into eon next account. Which I thought would happen every month! I read the meters end October & have had the money taken off my account by Eon next for November, I have had the full amount of my D.D taken out of my bank November 1st and had £66 from government added onto my credit with eon. Surely on the face of it, I am paying the same as usual to eon & they credit extra £66 onto my credit with them, I am not getting any help except in credit with eon next which will now be up to £600 this month! My D.D covered November's bill so if this carries on the government is giving eon £400! as sure as God made little apples the price will rocket when this scheme finishes! The government did put a cap on so the prices shouldn't go up too much only on what we use
    Level 91
    @meldrewreborn

Aye, it may work slightly differently for Fixed DD, receipt of bill DD and fixed tariffs. Because no one in HMG looked at all the possible permutations and combinations probably, and I suppose the energy suppliers weren't given enough time to thoroughly figure it out either.

Rather like Kwasi Modo saying 'lets cut taxes' and not factoring in that what little tax we'd get back with one hand would be beaten out of us in interest charges with the other.

Never trust the 'beta' or even version 1.0 of any plan. Most plans rarely survive first contact with the enemy!

I draw a complete distinction between the £400 discount paid over 6 months, for which they had many months to work on and the EPG which was announced half baked only weeks before the implementation date. To have had so many issues with the former is unforgivable, and I expect strong criticism from various authorities in the future when they’ve investigated.
    @chrisunitt

Its entirely possible that things have gone awry - this is E.On Next we're discussing. But it will be sorted eventually. Can you confirm whether you're on a flex tariff or a fixed price tariff?

I think @retrotecchie may just have got hold of the wrong end of the stick, but I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this in time. @Andy65 gave you some good advice.
    @meldrewreborn I am on the standard Next Flex tariff

Thanks

Chris
    Level 91
    @chrisunitt

OK so taking September as the base your prices could have increased circa 27% into October. Your supplier would have notified you of any increase, which would have had to factor in your forecast consumption and your account debit/credit. Did they increase your direct debit?

Then there is the £67/£66 discount for October to March. We've had lots of different experiences with the timing of the monthly credit to energy or bank accounts. You need to check your energy account and your bank account to establish what has happened for the month of October. You should be able to figure out that you have had the benefit of the government discount, although the timing of debits and credits can make it tricky to see the overall picture on any particular day partway through the month.