Not getting electric smart readings (gas is fine)

View Tag Cloud
    @PeterT_EONNext I've updated my account email to the account holders address.

I've also sent an email to hi@ but appreciate any help you can provide.
    Community Team
    Thanks for that @Timberr

It looks like some of the updates we need to send out to your meter after your account was set up have failed on the electricity side of things. I've sent this off to our Smart Team who will do what they can to get this fixed, usually over the next 2-3 weeks time so the readings should start coming through to us.

There should be no issue with getting this one resolved, as I can see that your gas meter is sending the information to us fine, and all of the information comes through the communications hub which is within the electricity meter, so after 2-3 weeks when the Smart Team have had a look, your readings should start coming through to us.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    @dlfranks Yes, I was able to take the reading remotely from the Smart Meter (although I can see you entered one on the same date, so we won't alter the reading as we've already used the one you entered in your bill)

I've sent a couple of updates out to your electricity meter which should update some of the information you're seeing. You shouldn't be seeing Avro Energy as the supplier so it's likely that the meters firmware isn't up to date, which should change after the updates I've sent off today. Just to add, this won't effect anything if the prices are showing correctly.

There have been some issues with the usage area of the app for some of our customers which the tech team were aware of, please also make sure you're using the most up to date version of the app (released 4 days ago)

We're currently working on bringing the half-hourly data usage breakdown to the app, but at the moment, you'll only see this as a monthly/daily breakdown for now.

Just to clarify, your Ivie Bud isn't showing any usage information at all for the electricity?

- Pete

Thanks Pete - the ivie bid IHD is working fine for both electric and gas. The issue is the ivie bud app isn’t showing electric usage which they get direct from EON/DCC. Eg it was showing my daily gas usage in the ivie app even before my ivie IHD was delivered - so they get data direct from you/EON/DCC. So the IHD isn’t the issue - but they don’t seem to be able to pull my daily historic electric data from you (just gas). Which is why I feel on your end something is wrong with you collecting my electric data in general.

maybe the firmware updates will help?

but it’s odd that you don’t get auto reads for electric - the eon next app doesn’t show anything related to electric usage (just gas) and ivie bud app is the same (no electric usage just gas).

the ivie IHD is working perfectly fine (both electric and gas)
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext sorry to chase I know this is relatively minor issue in the grand scheme of things but highly frustrating at the same time.

I bought the ivie bud as looking at my usage and spotting trends and how I can reduce is important to me.

The ivie bud itself is fine. Showing me all it should.

The ivie app is getting the LIVE data from the bud fine.

But historic data it gets this from you directly (because it was getting historic gas data even before I had received the device). But ivie app refuses to get electric historic data.

I have submitted a bug report to ivie but they can’t see what’s wrong and said only my supplier can fix it. They get the historic data from you.

This ties in to my original problem with you not getting my reads automatically. Or pulling regular data even for the eon next usage app. There is nothing in there either. So I’m sure this isn’t an ivie issue.

you said you have run firmware updates on the meters. Has this been successful?

I think this does need to be escalated to the smart meter team, or even DCC as there is clearly something wrong with my smart meters as electric has been weird since they were installed in feb 2020

appreciate the help

thanks,

David
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext I'm having a similar problem, my smart meter isn't sending in a reading for my electric. Can you please help?
    Community Team
    Hi @dlfranks

I've escalated this issue to our Smart Team who will raise a ticket with the DCC, as any updates we send out, seem to all be sending successfully as well as any information we request from the meter, so we're unsure as to exactly what the issue may be.

The DCC, once they have a look into this, will perform a remote comms hub reset, which we can also do, but we feel the issue may be something there, as all the information we can see points to that you should be able to see your electricity usage both on the eon app and in your ivie app.

I'm afraid I can't provide a time frame on this, so please do keep checking the usage data over the coming weeks to see if this updates.

Pete 😊
    Community Team
    @Burn

I'm sorry to hear that your meter isn't sending us your readings.

I can see a colleague has been on your account and is looking into this issue for you - if there's no readings coming through after the updates my colleague has sent out, they will raise this with the Smart Meter team for you.

Pete 😊
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext hi Peter. I waited until today to check to see if my smart meter readings would appear on the 27th. As usual my gas meter has reported but not my electric. I am still not getting any usage data for electric in the eon next app or my ivie app. Ivie support say all is fine their end and only energy supplier can fix as they get this data from you direct. Live usage from ivie IHD is fine for both meters. So the HAN is all working fine.

just to be clear this has been like this since the day my smart meters were installed in Feb 2020, there is clearly something wrong.

I think I need an engineer to come out and look/replace the electric meter please? We have exhausted all other options? Countless messages/settings/firmware being sent to my meters and also a comms hub reset etc.

appreciate the help, thanks, david
    Level 1
    Hi @PeterT_EONNext you seem to be the one with the power in this community and might be able to progress something... I have tried contacting re my Smart meter not updating my account, and now the meter is not even capturing the gas usage. I have spoken twice with Eon and been told just wait it's an IT glitch...

Could you have a look please and see if there is anything updates you can force/pull through which might reset the data flow?

Please let me know if there is anything more I can provide / share that will help. My account details are the same as the email acc used for this forum.

Cheers,

Mark
    Level 1
    Just joining this thread. Same issue, have escalated problem with complaints. But not got back to me yet. I have tried to ring customer service..at time of typing 1hr 20 minutes waiting to get through.

Peter please help and if you can move things forward.

Regards

T