Electricity not showing or taking readings in IHD

Level 1
    We had smart meters installed at the start of December 2021 and everything was working fine until around 1st March. The monthly smart meter reads appeared on our account, but the IHD suddenly stopped showing electricity - it now only shows the gas. The IHD is located less than 2 metres from the meters.

I waited until the end of March to see what would happen with the readings this month - the gas reading appeared on the account, but not electric, so I've entered the 2 April reading manually today instead. I have also tried rebooting the IHD multiple times (once literally right next to the meter), but it is stuck on gas only. The lights on the communications hub on top of the electricity meter seem to be flashing normally (they all flash every 5 seconds, with the exception of MESH which is unlit).

From previous messages, I understand photos are the order of the day 😉, so here they are:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqEBtwXMdnLUPmZw6

Note: I choose a photo that caught the lights flash on - they are not constantly on.
    Last edited by Futaura; 08-04-22 at 08:22.
  • 1 Reply

Community Team
    Hi @Futaura Sorry for the late reply, as I can see no one has yet responded to your thread.

I've taken a look into this for you and although it appears your meters are connected up to the Data Communications Company and ourselves, we're unable to get your electricity readings (and therefor, display your electricity)

I've sent off your account to our Smart Team who will aim to fix this as soon as possible (please note, this can take up to 90 days, but will hopefully be sooner)

Your meter will still record consumption and you will be able to physically get a reading from the meter. Please provide us with manual readings for now. The smart team are working on a solution with the DCC to get this resolved.

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here