Is it possible to pay quarterly Direct Debit instead of monthly?

Level 1
    I have moved to EON Next, previously I paid quarterly based on Meter Readings. Since moving at some point I have to read the meter monthly which is a pain.I cannot have a smart meter as I live in a flat and the meter cupboard is over 200M / 3 floors away. I don't want estimated meter bills I am happy to provide quarterly readings.
  • 2 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @CuriousGeorge ,

I'm afraid a lot of suppliers are slowly doing away with quarterly billing and I don't think E.On Next offers it for anyone who doesn't already have it. I'll ask @Beki_EONNext to check though, just in case.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Ahh @CuriousGeorge, this question has been asked a lot by customers who migrate over to us. Here at E.ON Next, our goal is to bring the energy industry into the future! As part of this, we want large bills and outstanding balances to be a thing of the past for our customers. To achieve this, we release bills on a monthly basis so you never have three months of usage to pay for all at once! Not only is this easier to budget, if there are any issues whatsoever, by being billed monthly we’re letting the customer know their situation more often; giving them the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to us!

Quarterly variable payment methods require us to provide a service for three months in arrears without payment - in short, this just isn’t financially viable for a business anymore. If you have a look on the major comparison sites, you’ll see just how many energy companies there are in the UK and if you filter these for suppliers that offer quarterly variable methods - you’ll notice quickly that this is a very small list! The energy industry is an incredibly competitive market and in order for us to competitively price, we’ve had to make the decision not to offer quarterly variable in order for us to reduce our costs of service.