Gas smart meter not sending readings

Level 1
    Smart meters were fitted by Eon a couple of months before I moved to Octopus in 2019. No problem with the electricity meter. Gas readings were initially sent to Eon ok but only sent to Octopus just before the 12 month contract ended when I, misguidedley, returned to Eon. No readings have been sent in the subsequent 2 years (although the ihd provides meter readings for both fuels). I have contacted Eon (and Eonnext) numerous times and each time been told that my complaint has been forwarded. Apart from the initial acknowledgement, there has been no follow up and obviously no solution provided. I haven't had a gas bill, estimated or otherwise, since November despite sending readings and a bill promised. Didn't think customer service was important but where can you go when things don't work and it's non existent. May reduce my dd as that may illicit a response.
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @Casmeeks !

That's not good at all. Strictly speaking, you're no longer liable for one year of that gas bill, since you didn't get billed for it and the opportunity to do so has expired. Please enjoy that years worth of free gas with E.On's compliments - suppliers can only back-bill you for 13 months at most. However, I suspect you'd rather not keep a free gas supply forever (as nice as it is!), so I'll ask @HannahD_EONNext if she can take a look at your account.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Head of Community
    Hey @Casmeeks

Sorry to hear of the problems you had before moving over to us here at E.ON Next and that since joining us in November we've still not fixed the meter.

I can see you've been in touch via email and now have that up to date bill which is great, I'll chase up what's happening with your meter for you.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 1
    Thank you Hannah
    I received a bill up to 10 March which contains Smart meter readings for electricity and gas!! You managed to achieve in one week what I failed to do in years. It's annoying that you know how to get it fixed when the customer service team apparently do not.