Smart meter now shows £0.00 permanently

Hi,

I have just come off a very long call (mostly waiting) to find out why my eon smart meter info display no longer shows me the £ usage for elecric and gas. It was working fine until I recieved an email welcoming me to eon next, then it stopped.

It is still paired to the meters and is registering useage, it's just not showing how much it is costing.

The person I just spoke to said it was part of moving over to a new system and would be back up and working in a couple of weeks!

Is this the case even for existing eon customers.

Can anyone confirm if this is in fact the case?
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Staff
    Best Answer
    @Smartupnorth Morning, thanks for taking the time to post!

I'm pleased to confirm the display only shows this because the account has only just moved over to us. It means we've not yet gained access to the meter from our central hub - otherwise known as the Data Communication Company (DCC), as while we share a similar name, we are a separate business to E.ON. This process can take a couple of weeks but it will all go back to normal soon enough 😊 I'm sorry if it's worried you! Please let me know if I can be of any further help :)
    Community Team
    Hey @Smartupnorth

Hannah here 👋 - your meters should have connected with us by now and the balance has been rectified 😊. Let us know if you have any more issues!
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈