Card fail 35 on current card/also card fail 35 on new cards

Level 3
    All cards seem to be failing, running low on gas just before Xmas , being told that I have to have no gas to get a call out. At my usual rate this means I will run out around Xmas day . And being told on phone there are no emergency call outs on Xmas day or Boxing Day, what am I supposed to do
  • 7 Replies

Community Team
    Good morning @Cjewer1983 😊

Hannah here 👋 - thanks for posting on The Community!

I can understand how frustrating it is having to wait for your gas to run out before we get an engineer out - but it's the only thing we can do 🙂 - how much is currently on your meter?

I've asked around to get some clarity on our Emergency Call Out process over the festive period - so I'll let you know
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 3
    Good morning @Cjewer1983 😊

Hannah here 👋 - thanks for posting on The Community!

I can understand how frustrating it is having to wait for your gas to run out before we get an engineer out - but it's the only thing we can do 🙂 - how much is currently on your meter?

I've asked around to get some clarity on our Emergency Call Out process over the festive period - so I'll let you know

Hi Hannah, it’s more than frustrating, I am going to run out of gas over Xmas if the meter is indeed faulty and have absolutely no way of topping up the meter as if it is the meter no card will work in it clearly.

meaning my children go cold, have no hot water and the struggle of a Xmas dinner with no gas stove .

it is ludicrous at this time of year that you do nothing to account for this.

this meter was replaced a mere 2 and a half months ago
    Community Team
    I can absolutely imagine! After being replaced you'd think the meter didn't have any faults, so I'm sorry this has happened!

Obviously we will have extended wait times, but we are here on Christmas Day 🤗 you'd be best off contacting us via Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp on the 25th though and letting us know about your emergency (make sure you let us know it's an emergency) and we can best assist if the meter runs out on Christmas Day. You should let us know via these channels once the meter credit drops to 50p as well and we can get the ball rolling.

Have a lovely Christmas! And hopefully you'll be sorted before the big day 🎄
    Level 3
    @Han_EONNext

That is odd, as I have just been told I have to be COMPLETELY OFF SUPPLY to be eligible for an emergency call out , two people on phone have said that to me from EON next, I have also been told to contact the 0808 501 5200 number if i go off supply and this will go to emergency team “apparently”.

usually you sub contract these jobs out to Morrison Utility Services when I have meter issues and they don’t appear to be open this Xmas period, so I have great anxiety I’m going to be left with no supply and no emergency help once my supply does go off.

I can assure you now if this does happen and I am not provided with emergency assistance, I will take my children to a restaurant for Xmas dinner and book into a lovely hotel with a gas supply and charging the bill to EON NEXT for pure incompetence and misleading information leaving me with no supply.

I hope it does not come to this but I certainly will not accept being left off supply when a little bending of your “off supply” or “emergency call out” procedures would eliminate this issue prior to the Xmas period.

because having no means to top up a meter as the meter is faulty, theoretically means I will be off supply very soon , and sorting it prior to that would eliminate any potential problems
    Level 3
    I can absolutely imagine! After being replaced you'd think the meter didn't have any faults, so I'm sorry this has happened!

Obviously we will have extended wait times, but we are here on Christmas Day 🤗 you'd be best off contacting us via Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp on the 25th though and letting us know about your emergency (make sure you let us know it's an emergency) and we can best assist if the meter runs out on Christmas Day. You should let us know via these channels once the meter credit drops to 50p as well and we can get the ball rolling.

Have a lovely Christmas! And hopefully you'll be sorted before the big day 🎄

funny how there’s no reply
    Level 77
    @Connor_EONNext could you have a look at this thread. Pre payment issue. Thanks
    Community Team
    Hi @Cjewer1983

I'm sorry that you haven't had a reply to this yet - @Han_EONNext hasn't been available so hasn't seen your response.

Have customer services since been able to get this issue resolved for you? I'm interested to understand how you're having this issue if your gas meter has been replaced quite recently.

Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here