Exporting smart meter data

Level 1
    Hi all - sure this question's been asked many times but a quick search does not uncover it - just direct me to a good previous discussion / answer if it's easier 😀

The question's simple - if the Government want us to better understand energy use so we can make better decisions about it, making detailed data available is crucial. So how do I download minute-by-minute (or similar) info about my energy use from my smart meter so I can make these decisons?

I'd use MS Excel to analyse it, so any format (csv etc) compatible with that would do nicely.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Robbyell; 14-12-23 at 11:14. Reason: Clarification
  • 3 Replies

Level 28
    Hi all - sure this question's been asked many times but a quick search does not uncover it - just direct me to a good previous discussion / answer if it's easier 😀

The question's simple - if the Government want us to better understand energy use so we can make better decisions about it, making detailed data available is crucial. So how do I download minute-by-minute (or similar) info about my energy use from my smart meter so I can make these decisons?

I'd use MS Excel to analyse it, so any format (csv etc) compatible with that would do nicely.

Thanks!
    Download the Bright app, register your meters then you can download about 13 months of your ½ hourly usage data in .CSV format from their parent website Glowmarkt.com 👍
    Last edited by geoffers; 14-12-23 at 12:08.
    Level 1
    @geoffers Thanks! I'm halfway through signing up with N3rgy - do they do the same thing geoffers? And I've just been onto our account on EON to change the logging regulairty from daily to half-hourly, so presume both Bright & N3rgy will only have daily historically?
    Level 28
    @geoffers Thanks! I'm halfway through signing up with N3rgy - do they do the same thing geoffers? And I've just been onto our account on EON to change the logging regulairty from daily to half-hourly, so presume both Bright & N3rgy will only have daily historically?
    I'm not sure if N3rgy provide the same amount of historical data, but the Bright/Glowmarkt download is ½ hourly readings in CSV with Unix epoch date stamp; date-time in UTC time; kWh for that ½hr period.

This is sourced from the meter via the DCC - the meter stores 13mths of historical data so that's what you get on the download from Glowmarkt (not sure about n3rgy)