Didn't reach saving target

Level 56
    I’ll revisit with my pen and paper 😂

and look at this
    Last edited by Mailman; 03-12-23 at 15:02.
    Level 91
    and look at this

Yes I had a look but we hear of folk sitting with one bulb and a book to get these reductions yet still they fail.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 56
    Yes I had a look but we hear of folk sitting with one bulb and a book to get these reductions yet still they fail.

Difficult to pass judgement without hard data or personal experience. Last year I used the IHD to check how the meter was incrementing during the events having established what the meter read was at the event start time etc. Heating was turned off as was the FF plus no appliances were running apart from the PC to watch a TV prog. However from what I have seen so far Eon Next neglected to tell participants what they thought their actual baseline usage was unlike last year. Have I got that right?

I'm not sure if we have actually seen reports from anyone who has beat the 20% reduction and got an email notification to that effect. All the posts seem to be from folk who have failed (according to Eon Next). For those, such as yourself, presumably Eon Next cannot notify you all until they have confirmed the payments/kWh reduction from NGESO. Or have you got a success email? Possibly much easier to work out customers who did not achieve the 20% reduction and they have been notified accordingly - whether their calculations are actually correct is hard to say from the sidelines. Just guessing here. 🤔
    Level 91
    @Mailman

I have heard nothing so far as to a pass or a fail for either event last week. I received no consumption figures at all for average usage or target usage, just an ambiguous figure of 20% that has had folks here and at MSE questioning whether it means a reduction of 20% or a reduction to 20% of average usage.

It's a joke... not a funny one.
    Level 91
    @Mailman

I have crunched my numbers again using the previous 8 working days but excluding event days and got the following results...

Wednesday 29 Nov 23 (5 - 6.30pm)...

Actual usage = 0.53kWH

Average usage over last 8 days = 1.09kWh

Saving = 0.56kWh (just over 50%) @£3/kWh = £1.68

Friday 1 Dec 23 (4.30 - 6.00pm)...

Actual usage = 0.51kWH

Average usage over 8 days = 1.05kWh

Saving = 0.54kWh (just over 50%) @ £3/kWh = £1.62

Remarkably similar for both events... and I don't want to work it out again 😂

Edit... All according to the Hildebrand Bright app.

Another Edit… some actual results are linked below…

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post43532
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 04-12-23 at 22:17.
    Level 56
    I have crunched my numbers again using the previous 8 working days but excluding event days and got the following results...

Wednesday 29 Nov 23 (5 - 6.30pm)...

Actual usage = 0.53kWH

Average usage over last 8 days = 1.09kWh

Saving = 0.56kWh (just over 50%) @£3/kWh = £1.68

Friday 1 Dec 23 (4.30 - 6.00pm)...

Actual usage = 0.51kWH

Average usage over 8 days = 1.05kWh

Saving = 0.54kWh (just over 50%) @ £3/kWh = £1.62

Remarkably similar for both events... and I don't want to work it out again 😂

Edit... All according to the Hildebrand Bright app.

OK this is devotion above and beyond - I'm itching to be a part of it all just to test the mathematics of it all. The fact that you have not received any bad news though is promising as your data audit clearly shows that you are in line for rewards in the coming week. 🧐
    Level 91
    OK this is devotion above and beyond - I'm itching to be a part of it all just to test the mathematics of it all. The fact that you have not received any bad news though is promising as your data audit clearly shows that you are in line for rewards in the coming week. 🧐

I guess that ‘no news’ is ‘good news’ as the only replies folks have had so far is bad news. There is a lack of hard figures from those who have failed so hopefully I have crunched accurately. My previous attempts are on another thread but I think the ones on the this thread are the ones to watch.
    Level 91
    I looked at the original email inviting me to take part in the scheme and burrowed further in to the T&Cs. I also did a bit of googling.

I now understand that the target of 20% is the target I need to reduce by. So I need to get to 80% or under of my average usage (whatever that may be) over a set period. This period is hard to pin down as I read 60 days somewhere. However, it says 8 days on the event invitations and if the event is on a weekday then it’s the previous 8 weekdays. If on a weekend then the previous 8 weekend days. I believe event days are excluded from the averaging.

So, it seems to fall to us to work out our own average usage in order to know the maximum we can consume in the event window in order to pass and get a reward. How much we get per kWh saved can vary per event but I can’t find any info on that.

I’ve had a go at working out my average usage and likely reward but it’s anybody’s guess if I’ve got it right.

I feel we’re being kept in the dark either on purpose or inadvertently and I’m rapidly losing interest in participating any further. I remember that last year our targets were set in kWh so goodness knows why we’re getting told to reduce by 20% of an unknown amount this year.
    Level 16
    This was the email....

Here are your results:

You reduced your energy usage by 86%

You may not have reached your target this time around, but there is still plenty of time to be rewarded for saving energy in future events.

#PowerSwitch
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 04-12-23 at 09:42. Reason: Moderation
    Level 56
    @JoeSoap

I too looked at the T&C issued by Eon Next in the original DFS email and it was lacking in precise detail. This precise detail is outlined by NGESO way more thoroughly and is, for example, why I have questioned why Eon Next have stated the headlining is done over an 8 day like for like period. If you look at the procurement documentation here it clearly states on page 28, section BL01 (headlining methodology), that the data range can be the previous 60 days, that in most cases 10 of these like for like data periods are chosen for baselining purposes on weekdays and 4 for weekend days.

Surely some more information will be promulgated as we are one month into DFS and most of us are none the wiser about how Eon Next are running things.