Can Someone Help Me Understand The New Tarrifs

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I just beenw watching the GMB with Martin Lewis and he mentions the new set of Tarrifs by E-ON Next currently I am on the following

ElectricityNext Loyalty Fixed v4

Fixed term ends 22/07/2024
    28.95 p/kWh 49.57 p/day

(All rates inc. VAT)

Gas

Next Loyalty Fixed v4
    Fixed term ends 22/07/2024
    7.31 p/kWh 23.08 p/day

(All rates inc. VAT)

I pay £209 a month but don't use that much depends Electric varies from £131-£142 and Gas is £60 this month compared to what I have been paying which was £25 now it's getting cold. My 5 year old son is dependant on a Ventilator and other equipment to be on charge at all times for when going out, comparing the new tarrifs its lower but day charge is higher ??? I generally feel it's pointless for me to change and just save £19 a month when it goes up in Jan 2024.
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    @Nakatomi

I think the consensus is to stay put, the new flex rates will reflect the OFGEM price cap from January which are a 5% increase to current flex rates.

There were some different tariffs available a little while ago which dramatically reduced tariffs for those in great need perhaps @Mailman can point those out for you

Whether you would qualify or not would have to be assessed.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    @Nakatomi

Have a look at this page

If you are ineligible for either of the support packages in the link, staying on v4 will give you price certainty for the next 8 to 9 months. Whether to stay or go to another tariff is a decision only you can make.
    Community Team
    Hi @Nakatomi

Just checking in!

Did you manage to have a look at what tariffs were available/change to another tariff since posting here?

Let us know how you got on 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here