IHD not working

Level 28
    Just doing this?

Ovo have a good guide to installing/commissioning meters & IHDs - maybe a long shot, but this link suggests that there can be a channel clash with your WiFi router if it's close to the meter/IHD

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-me...7739#post17739

So it suggests changing your WiFi channel if this is the case (often a good thing to select the least used channel anyway, if there's a clash with neighbouring WiFi too)
    Level 92
    @geoffers

And as I mentioned previously, turn off any mobile phones or devices that use either Bluetooth or WiFi. Just turn the router off or disable the WiFi completely. With as little 2.4GHz radiation as possible, your IHD stands a better chance of reconnecting. If it still doesn't with everything else in range disabled, then I'm out of ideas. Once connection has re-established, if it does, then you can fire everything else back up again.

I've worked with ZigBee protocol communications for over 15 years...it can be very temperamental! ZigBee devices cannot change channels without resetting and repairing both ends of the link (which you cannot access on the meter comms hub). WiFi can, so always best to try and reconnect with nothing else on in range, then let WiFi work round the available channel spacings.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 15-11-23 at 00:50.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 56
    I've actually noticed some sporadic behaviour on my IHD this month - a couple of days recently usage has stuck at 0.00kWh/or ----- particularly for gas when I've looked at the historical daily usage numbers.(13th and 14th Nov). However Bright is still seeing all this historical data so no gaps in my records in the gas kWh numbers. This suggests nothing wrong with WAN connectivity from home comms hub to DCC but does suggest connectivity issues to my IHD from time to time. Now that I've noticed this 2 days running, I'll be looking at it more closely. BTW, in-day usage for both gas/electricity records flawlessly but historical usage appears to be flaky right now. Thank goodness for Bright otherwise I'd be in spreadsheet meltdown 😄. I daresay if my IHD suddenly went totally kaput I'd be doing exactly the same thing each morning but instead of using the IHD for the daily data, I'd be using Bright instead.