Electricity useage and ivie bud

Level 6
    Evening,

a while ago my IHD stopped showing my electricity useage.

I rang eon who did ‘updates’ and gave me all manner of things to try. This didn’t work. They said that the meter worked fine because they were receiving readings from it and then said my IHD must have a fault. At that point they wouldn’t fix so directed me to an ivie bud. I purchased an ivie bud but this will also not pick up my electricity readings.

I have again told Eon this but this is the response I got

’ Hello Peter,
    Further to our recent telephone conversation
    I have spoken to our Smart team and they have advised the following
    I don't believe there is anything further we can do, customer would probably have to return the iviebud back to them and state it is not working, the meters are communicating showing there is communication,

so according to them my IHD is broken and a brand new ivie bud out of the box is also broken, both IHDs pick up the gas no problem.

if anyone on here could help I would greatly appreciate it.

over the winter with 2 kids I like to know if I’m paying enough by using the meter.

regards

peter
  • 43 Replies

Level 28
    Evening,

a while ago my IHD stopped showing my electricity useage.

I rang eon who did ‘updates’ and gave me all manner of things to try. This didn’t work. They said that the meter worked fine because they were receiving readings from it and then said my IHD must have a fault. At that point they wouldn’t fix so directed me to an ivie bud. I purchased an ivie bud but this will also not pick up my electricity readings.

I have again told Eon this but this is the response I got

’ Hello Peter,
    Further to our recent telephone conversation
    I have spoken to our Smart team and they have advised the following
    I don't believe there is anything further we can do, customer would probably have to return the iviebud back to them and state it is not working, the meters are communicating showing there is communication,

so according to them my IHD is broken and a brand new ivie bud out of the box is also broken, both IHDs pick up the gas no problem.

if anyone on here could help I would greatly appreciate it.

over the winter with 2 kids I like to know if I’m paying enough by using the meter.

regards

peter
    @mav82uk - I rarely use my IHD as EOn can't update my meter with the correct Tariff rates, so the costs it shows are rubbish.

However if you download the "Bright" app from Hildebrand/Glowmarkt you can register your gas & electricity meters with this and get hourly/daily/monthly display of your energy usage and costs. (Unfortunately not in real time, but accurate up to the end of the previous day)

The app allows you to enter your correct rates (I'm on a dual rate time-of-use EV charging tariff) so does give you a true and accurate cost analysis 👍
    Level 6
    I have those apps and appreciate your response, but they’re sometimes 2 days behind, I prefer the live input. Not sure it’s something I would move suppliers because but for me it’s the flippant and arrogant response from them that frustrates me
    Level 77
    I have those apps and appreciate your response, but they’re sometimes 2 days behind, I prefer the live input. Not sure it’s something I would move suppliers because but for me it’s the flippant and arrogant response from them that frustrates me
    Evening. Have you contacted Ivie themselves? I found this contact email address on their website FAQs.
    customercare@ivie.co.uk

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 26-10-23 at 18:30. Reason: More information
    Level 6
    Yes, I have been in contact with ivie they say that it is down to the energy supplier to fix any connection issues. They are happy to refund the purchase of the Ivy I choose to do this
    Level 77
    Yes, I have been in contact with ivie they say that it is down to the energy supplier to fix any connection issues. They are happy to refund the purchase of the Ivy I choose to do this
    Golly gosh very frustrating. A complete long shot. We have some very learned members on this forum. Try uploading some photos of your meters both gas and electricity, comms hub and IHD. Also the status of the lights on the meters and comms hub. Whether they are red, or green, still or flashing, and if flashing the rough frequency, every 1,2,3 secs what ever. The more information the better and let's see if we can help.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 26-10-23 at 19:30. Reason: Grammar mistake
    Level 6
    Thanks. I will upload some pictures tomorrow when I am back home. Hopefully someone can help me further
    Level 77
    @mav82uk Brilliant. No promises but keep fingers crossed. 🤞
    See you tomorrow 👴.
    Level 6
    Here are some photos of my devices and meter. Not sure what else to upload. If anyone would like any other information that they could use to possibly advise, I’d be greatly appreciative.

lights on meter flash green every 5 seconds. The first 2 light and the last 2 light. The light in the middle doesn’t flash
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by mav82uk; 27-10-23 at 18:35. Reason: Additional info
    Level 77
    Here are some photos of my devices and meter. Not sure what else to upload. If anyone would like any other information that they could use to possibly advise, I’d be greatly appreciative.

lights on meter flash green every 5 seconds. The first 2 light and the last 2 light. The light in the middle doesn’t flash
    Evening @mav82uk . Wonderful. I'm going to tag in @theunknowntech to have a look at your thread, when he's in the forum. He may well ask you for more information, there is always that possibility. Obviously if anyone can help please join in.