No energy flow readings in app

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I’ve recently had solar panels installed and have downloaded the eon home app. The screenshots on the App Store show an “energy flow” which is the only way of monitoring power generated vs power consumed (probably the most important aspect of owning solar). Unfortunately, the energy flow is nowhere to be found within the app :( please help!
  • 12 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    @PhilK Hi 👋
    @WizzyWigg Thanks for the tag

Who installed your @PhilK? Usually the DNO form is sent to the installer and then they forward this on to you? About the App, Eon's app doesn't work alongside Solar I've been informed. There are apps out there that do what you're looking for.

I'm led to believe that Solar Edge may be one of them.
    @retrotecchie @wizzo227 Do you have any suggestions on what app's can help Phil here please guys?

Thanks everyone.
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 77
    @PhilK

Good evening and welcome. I would suggest emailing EON.Home@eon.com at Eon App Support. I'm sure they will be able to help you.
    Level 5
    Thanks buddy, got the same old email reply….. “your query has been sent to the relevant department, they will get in touch”

I only ever get anywhere if I ring up so that I can get a “how did we do” tx message and absolutely slate them in the reply / review
    Level 77
    Thanks buddy, got the same old email reply….. “your query has been sent to the relevant department, they will get in touch”

I only ever get anywhere if I ring up so that I can get a “how did we do” tx message and absolutely slate them in the reply / review
    I must admit I read some of the reviews on good old G Play today for your app and I admit it didn't look great. Try putting a review on App Store and see if you get a more positive response. I did see some responses from the Eon Home Team. 🤞
    Level 5
    Yeah I left a review on the App Store a few days ago but not had any replies yet. I’ll get to the end of my tether and sack eon off completely if this isn’t sorted within the next few weeks. I haven’t the time to keep chasing them and I’m losing money because of them each day that passes and it’s not sorted
    Level 77
    Yeah I left a review on the App Store a few days ago but not had any replies yet. I’ll get to the end of my tether and sack eon off completely if this isn’t sorted within the next few weeks. I haven’t the time to keep chasing them and I’m losing money because of them each day that passes and it’s not sorted
    I wish I could help you more. Your app is more to do with Eon Energy, this is primarily a customer to customer forum that deals more with Eon Next queries. There is a very learned colleague who occasionally attends this forum and has good PV system knowledge. I can't promise anything but I will tag in @LeeDQ_EONNext .
    Level 5
    You’ve been a great help already thank you mate, really appreciate your replies and knowledge cheers 👍🏻☺️I will be sending another email this evening with all of the eon contacts I’ve dealt with over the past few weeks (there’s about 10 or 12 lol).

For any eon colleagues who see this thread, I’m trying to resolve 2 issues;
    1) trying to get my DNO acceptance form (that ironically eon require) so that I can register for my SEG payments.
    2) trying to get some kind of app / system in place so that I can monitor my realtime energy usage / consumption from my PV system and grid.
    Level 77
    You’ve been a great help already thank you mate, really appreciate your replies and knowledge cheers 👍🏻☺️I will be sending another email this evening with all of the eon contacts I’ve dealt with over the past few weeks (there’s about 10 or 12 lol).

For any eon colleagues who see this thread, I’m trying to resolve 2 issues;
    1) trying to get my DNO acceptance form (that ironically eon require) so that I can register for my SEG payments.
    2) trying to get some kind of app / system in place so that I can monitor my realtime energy usage / consumption from my PV system and grid.
    Just checked to see if @LeeDQ_EONNext was around but afraid to say he isn't. He's not around everyday. Saying that he might be able to help you with question 1). I'll ask another learned colleague @retrotecchie who might be able to answer that question, 🤞. Keep doing what you are doing as well. 😉
    Level 5
    Hi Lee and thank you for your reply.

eon solar have forwarded my DNO form this morning so happy days!!

I can’t believe eons own app doesn’t work beside solar!!!!??? What the actual 🤷🏼‍♂️🙈

I have the “my solar” app which I have set up through my API settings but it doesn’t work. It accurately tells you the yield but the consumption just mirrors whatever the yield is saying 💩

i think Ive tried most of the apps available including solar edge with no luck. They all seem to be specific for whatever inverter you have. I feel abit hard done by having both solis and eon with neither offering any realtime monitoring of yield and consumption ☹️

Maybe eon should take their screenshots of the energy flow down from the App Store because it’s abit misleading.

sorry for the rant, you’ve been the most help in the 4 weeks Ive had the system in trying to get some answers 👍🏻🙂