Smart Meter shows different tariffs from statement/app

Level 5
    Hello

On June 7 Eon sent me a message announcing new (lower) tariffs from July 1. I am on Nextflex direct debit (paid in full at end of month.)

My Smart Meter now shows a different price from those given in the message - and it is also different from those I was being charged before the rate change.

Gas - Meter says unit rate is 8.01, Eon said should be 7.607p
    Gas - Meter says standing charge is 34.33, Eon said should be 29.112p

Elec - Meter says unit rate is 31.90, Eon said should be 30.295p
    Elec - Meter says standing charge is 55.95, Eon said should be 49.597p

I've requested a "push" to reset the tariffs, but interested if others have this issue? And to check - VAT is not added to the meter tariff but not the stated tariff?

Thanks
  • 10 Replies

Level 92
    @wevonbr

Everyone seems to be having the same issue. Your IHD ìs likely showing non DD tariffs but rest assured the prices you have been given and are shown on your account are the prices you will be billed on.

The IHD tariff issue seems to be widespread but with 28 million energy customers all getting tariff changes at the same time, DCCs systems simply can't cope. This regular price change was never factored into the smart meter plan and probably never will be.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 77
    @wevonbr

I'm sorry to say you and many others have the same problem.
    I would recommend seeing this thread:

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...me-Than-Normal 👴
    Level 6
    I have registered a complaint about this still waiting for a response
    Balen
    Level 91
    I have registered a complaint about this still waiting for a response

I emailed my complaint on the matter five days ago and still have not had a response to it, although I now know there is a general issue.

At the time I had not been able to get a satisfactory response from customer service (through a very long email trail) as to why they couldn't update my meter/IHD tariffs. They blamed the HAN and then the DCC and said it can take a while to update. Only after I raised the complaint, and informed them of such, did they finally inform me of an issue the tech team are 'looking into'.

Had I been given the real reason from the start I would not have raised the complaint and would have remained more patient.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    I'm on the exact same tariff as you @wevonbr and my IHD is showing the same rates as you've got. As others have mentioned its showing the non-DD rates for some reason. It worked fine before April, whenever there was a price change just emailed/whatsapped them and next day it would match exactly. No clue why its now gone on for 3 months without a fix or update but what can you do.

CS are useless at trying to fix it, yesterday they managed to cancel my DD without informing me, then told me I was seeing non-DD pricing because my DD had been cancelled, then tried to reinstate it but on a fixed monthly price instead of paid in full. Said they could put me back on to paying in full but that doesn't get the DD discount, despite my billing showing otherwise. Useless 😤

Personally I'm going to keep contacting them so hopefully they will decide to hurry up and actually do something, but realistically it relies on their tech team fixing it and email/whatsapp support won't be able to do much
    Level 91
    @Developer

The problem of IHDs showing non-DD rates instead of the correct DD tariff rates is a known issue which is being worked on by the tech team. I would advise against continuing to contact customer service on the issue as that may cause you more problems.

My insistence on an advisor to keep trying to update the IHD correctly resulted in them trying things in my account which ended up with £150 early exit fees being applied and my monthly DD amount increasing by around £50.

I managed to get my account restored to how it was eventually but the rates on the IHD remained stubbornly incorrect.

You might get a good result if you keep contacting them but equally you might regret it. I’m afraid to say that I think patience is the best approach right now.
    Level 5
    @JoeSoap

Yeah that's probably the right way to handle this. Tbh I was fine last time just checking it each week to see if it had been fixed, after CS acknowledged there was an issue, but this time around CS were sure there was no issue and it was just that my IHD needed updating.

Just frustrating that it hasn't been fixed after 3 months, and more than that they haven't even given an update on it.
    Level 91
    @Developer

I agree it’s frustrating. It seems that some or all customer service advisors are (or were) unaware of the ongoing issue and that it was being investigated. This leads them to try workarounds in accounts that can have negative affects. I learned the hard way to not persist in getting them to keep trying to force updates.
    Level 5
    Thanks All. I will leave it alone and as long as I'm not actually paying the higher rates, I'll live with it.