Getting a refund on a Deceased's account.

View Tag Cloud
    Bennie_EONNext

In fact I have logged on to my NotifyNow account. I can see that on 1st May I gave you all the details, plus my own Driving Licence number, as well as the Death Certificate details.

Level 91
    @Richardhall4

I fully appreciate your frustration. When did your mother pass away? Timescales in dealing with the affairs of a deceased person are often quite long, and the reasons varied. While you have every right to expect this matter to be dealt with sympathetically and promptly, my experience of dealing with probate for 5 cases is that extreme patience is required quite often.

even getting credit balances back while the account holder is alive and well can take an age. We all wish it were not so difficult but it seems an intractable issue to resolve. Us volunteers will help where we can.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    @Richardhall4

Sorry to hear of your loss. My mum did not leave a will either, but her bank bereavement team said, as her next of kin, dealing with her affairs, I was her 'Personal Representative' for all financial affairs, and transferred what was left in her bank to my account. She lived with me, so the energy accounts were in my name, but other organisations paid any arrears of pensions and, overpaid income tax back to me without any problem.
    It could be the advisor you spoke to, was not aware of the correct bereavement procedures, but now @retrotecchie has contacted the 'nexties,' they will look into it for you, and hopefully get it resolved quickly.

the problem is that different organisations deal with these matters in entirety different ways. When my mother died one assurance company, the co-op in Manchester, required probate to pay out £160! Talk about being out of touch, it seems only humiliation in the court of social media improves matters. But E.on Next has a poor reputation- entirely deserved in my opinion - on most aspects of customer service, that I wonder what their senior management are doing to improve matters. They are not alone and I’ve read of two separate OFGEM reports with fines handed out in the past week. Improvements are very slow.
    @meldrewreborn

You're right about different organisations having different ways of dealing with these matters. I was fairly fortunate in being able to deal with most of the stuff online via the governments 'Tell us once' service, but with the likes of insurance companies, some wanted a copy of the death certificate and proof of my I.D. It 's a bit of a minefield.
    Customer Services in many organisations are less than adequate, it's unfortunately signs of the times we live in now. It was far better, in my opinion, when you could go to a local branch or office and deal face to face with someone, but sadly those days are gone.
    Community Manager
    Hello @Richardhall4 Anasa here 👋 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and it should be a straight forward process especially at times like this.

If you could send me the account details via a Direct Message I'll look into this for you and I can see you've already tried to do it the correct way and have had no joy, thank you for reaching out so we can get this looked at for you 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣