Incorrect rates applied 3rd April '23

Level 77
    @Mailman
    I put this spreadsheet together for my hairdresser. She had some surprise quarterly bills. So I thought keep it as simple as possible to start with. At least she now knows what the incoming bill will be. Phase 2 is in progress with understanding how to control energy usage and what options are available.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 91
    @JoeSoap

i used my first proper spreadsheet in 1984. They were only invented in 1979 I think. I’ve used multiplan, 20/20, lotus 123, excel and open source versions. They’re my favourite software and while I consider myself a fairly advanced user, I don’t exploit but a mere fraction of the capabilities, and I’ve been retired quite a long time so my need to find functions to help out when problems arise is very small nowadays.

my model to solve sudoku puzzles is quite good and solves all but the most testing challenges.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

I can't be doing with too much complexity, so I save the 'pretty colours' just for the graphs.

Name:  spread.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  graph.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  22.7 KB

The big 'blips' in my periodic averages were caused by excessive cooking over Christmas, and running out of heating oil at the beginning of March and having to put the electric fire on for a couple of days!
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 09-04-23 at 13:26. Reason: Typo
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

I used my first proper spreadsheet in 1984. They were only invented in 1979 I think. I

I cut my teeth on GEM+ (I think it was called) on an old Amstrad back in the early 80's. Excel was the puppy for many years and now I use LibreOffice because it's not ransomware. I dabbled with Lotus 1-2-3 back in the Windows for Workgroups days but found it a bit clunky. I still have a copy somewhere in my 'Retrocomputing Museum'...plus a box it will still run on!

I don't use a fraction of the features but the ones I do use usually do the job for me. If I can't make it do what I want to, I just write my own software.
    Level 77
    I cut my teeth on GEM+ (I think it was called) on an old Amstrad back in the early 80's. Excel was the puppy for many years and now I use LibreOffice because it's not ransomware. I dabbled with Lotus 1-2-3 back in the Windows for Workgroups days but found it a bit clunky. I still have a copy somewhere in my 'Retrocomputing Museum'...plus a box it will still run on!

I don't use a fraction of the features but the ones I do use usually do the job for me. If I can't make it do what I want to, I just write my own software.
    Wow. GEM Desk. It was on my first 8086 that had a 5.25 in floppy and a 10 meg HD. Those were the days. LibreOffice = 👍. 👴
    Level 91
    Not wishing to be outdone I have posted one of my manual spreadsheets which compare last year's usage to this year's from the beginning of August which is my contract renewal date. Honestly, being the (semi) Luddite I am it takes all I can muster techie-wise to even post an image 😂.

I have two other similar where I use Bright App and IHD consumption figures. The results are close but this Monthly Bill one is based on what I pay for so is my favoured one. As you can see, I have made considerable savings this contract year over last.

August and September 21 are averaged as it was my first bill from Eon Next and gave total usage for two months, but overall the figures are accurate.

Hopefully it shows that anyone can get to grips with their usage even if not very techie-minded... like me 🤯

Name:  IMG_2965.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  110.6 KB
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 77
    Not wishing to be outdone I have posted one of my manual spreadsheets which compare last year's usage to this year's from the beginning of August which is my contract renewal date. Honestly, being the (semi) Luddite I am it takes all I can muster techie-wise to even post an image 😂.

I have two other similar where I use Bright App and IHD consumption figures. The results are close but this Monthly Bill one is based on what I pay for so is my favoured one. As you can see, I have made considerable savings this contract year over last.

August and September 21 are averaged as it was my first bill from Eon Next and gave total usage for two months, but overall the figures are accurate.

Hopefully it shows that anyone can get to grips with their usage even if not very techie-minded... like me 🤯

Name:  IMG_2965.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  110.6 KB
    Absolutely brilliant. You have one great advantage over all the computer bods. If we have to go back to candle power you'll be the winner 🏆. Back to fundamental principles 👍.
    Level 91
    ... my model to solve sudoku puzzles is quite good and solves all but the most testing challenges.

I was going to say Sudoku is supposed to test your mind without resorting to computer help. Then I reasoned it was you who devised the model so it's still your mind that is solving the puzzle, I suppose.