Smart Meter Error

Level 91
    @DarkAngel

I don’t know a lot about E7 or what time clocks you’re referring to. I think though, that we agree that the cheap rate will have changed to 1am to 7am BST so as long as you ensure any overnight consumption, ie. storage heaters powered on, is within those hours then hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Edit… I’m still trying to get my head around the fact that that the clocks went forward so you turned the storage heater ‘timeclocks’ back. I guess instead of adjusting what time they switch on and off you have wound them back an hour so that they now show it’s midnight (switch on) when the real time is 1am and show 6am (switch off) when it’s actually 7am. I guess that should do the job.

Perhaps any other member reading this can comment.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 29-03-23 at 21:50. Reason: Added a bit
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Hey @DarkAngel,

Are you taking the readings from the smart meter itself or the in home display?
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 91
    @DarkAngel

if you go through my post referenced by @JoeSoap you will be able to see how by checking detail from the supply number whether the timings alter or not due to BST. Otherwise a physical inspection to determine when the readings switch would be necessary. I don’t have E7 so I have no recent experience of them but if in doubt setting the clocks to a narrower timeframe than 7 hours would be sensible.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.