What is this £200 payment?

• Tags for this Thread
  • afp
View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I logged into my account and its saying £200 Alternative Fuel Grant. What is that? Is it a government grant?
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 16-02-23 at 12:59.
  • 7 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hey @shaza 👋
    @meldrewreborn is correct - this is a scheme that is targeted to those who are off grid for gas, and heat their homes another way 😊. These payments were rolled out from the 6th Feb and those eligible will receive payment by the end of the month.

Have a gander 👀 over this thread 👉 Alternative Fuel Payment for a full explanation and our most up to date information ✨
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 91
    @shaza you heat your home other than by gas. Lots of people have been aware of the existence of this scheme and complaining about the slow rollout.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Hey @shaza 👋
    @meldrewreborn is correct - this is a scheme that is targeted to those who are off grid for gas, and heat their homes another way 😊. These payments were rolled out from the 6th Feb and those eligible will receive payment by the end of the month.

Have a gander 👀 over this thread 👉 Alternative Fuel Payment for a full explanation and our most up to date information ✨

In the link above, it states '' You may have heard there have been talks about an alternative fuel payment for those who are off grid or do not use mains gas or electricity to heat their homes and heat their homes through alternative means such as oil, LPG, biomass etc''.

I have received this £200 'Alternative Fuel Payment' added onto my eon.next account.

Although there is no mains gas in my village, my home is electrically heated (Air source hear pump).

Should I have not received this and will it be clawed back?

Thanks
    Level 91
    @AMcG

to me it’s a defect in the administration of the scheme criteria - I doubt that those in your position entered into their thoughts very much. Hopefully the AFP will not be repeated but lessons learned duly noted.
    Community Team
    In the link above, it states '' You may have heard there have been talks about an alternative fuel payment for those who are off grid or do not use mains gas or electricity to heat their homes and heat their homes through alternative means such as oil, LPG, biomass etc''.

I have received this £200 'Alternative Fuel Payment' added onto my eon.next account.

Although there is no mains gas in my village, my home is electrically heated (Air source hear pump).

Should I have not received this and will it be clawed back?

Thanks

Afternoon @AMcG 😁. The Alternative Fuel Payment will not be taken back from you, please do not worry.

I do understand some of the concerns surrounding the payment so I have asked around about this one. Here's what we can tell you:

In order that the Alternative Fuel Payment reaches as many target customers as possible, the government has accepted that some electrically heated homes will receive the payment. This is because there is no central register of alternatively fuelled homes, and so the government is using being in an area off the gas grid, and where electric heating is not predominant, as the best possible approximation of the likelihood you use alternative fuels.

I hope that helps to clear things up ✨
    Level 1
    Afternoon @AMcG 😁. The Alternative Fuel Payment will not be taken back from you, please do not worry.

I do understand some of the concerns surrounding the payment so I have asked around about this one. Here's what we can tell you:

In order that the Alternative Fuel Payment reaches as many target customers as possible, the government has accepted that some electrically heated homes will receive the payment. This is because there is no central register of alternatively fuelled homes, and so the government is using being in an area off the gas grid, and where electric heating is not predominant, as the best possible approximation of the likelihood you use alternative fuels.

I hope that helps to clear things up ✨

Many thanks.

That is an unexpected bonus.

However I do think the government have bodged this, as some like myself will 'dip in' and others could miss out.

Thanks again.