Eco-Anxiety - My perspective of the world

@wizzo227 thank you so much for your input in this topic. It is great to see you all engaging and give us amazing feedback.

I would like to start by explaining that my feelings surrounding the environment are based on studying sustainability and learning about the challenges that we are facing as a country. E.ON Next gave me the amazing opportunity to put these into practice.

Talking about the issues around climate change, it have been recognised that the environment was deteriorating since the 1970s but it was never in the priority list of the different governments in the UK.

In response to your highlight around Mental Health, I would like to make it clear that Eco-anxiety is not a mental health disease. Is the feeling of not being in control of what can be done on a large scale to encourage sustainability which can cause anxiety.

I decided to publish the details of these Mental Health charities as they are professionals in dealing with emotions and life situations which can become overwhelming as well as dealing with mental health problem. As a company we do our best in supporting customers and staff with their mental well being.

In conclusion, I would like to say that we have a lot of work to do ahead of us. Investments and collaborations in the right projects are crucial to achieve the net zero targets that we are trying to reach on an international level.
    Community Team
    Morning everyone! ๐ŸŒ

There's some great discussion here surrounding Eco-anxiety. Whether that be what our thoughts are, advice for the future and what we think will happen ๐Ÿ˜Š. For me, (at my ripe old age of 24) I do feel a really heavy weight on my shoulders and feel like my generation is reliable for driving that change! I think that in perspective of things and time it is up to the newer generations to continue the work that is currently being done by those older than us to upkeep and ensure we are making an impact in the ever changing climate crisis.

If I am being completely honest Eco-anxiety was completely a new concept to me until around a year ago ๐Ÿคฏ & I was very naive when it came to these issues and I felt like that was someone else's problem; not mine ๐Ÿ‘€ but since being part of our Community I do understand things, I recognise that things need to change, I ensure that I can make an impact & I am inspired by others to make the changes myself

All we have to do really is look over this survey by Save the Children ๐Ÿ‘‰ Climate anxiety across children to really understand some of the pressures younger generations may be feeling but I wanted to share some things that help me ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Community volunteering - Every week I spend 2 hours helping out the environemental unit associated with my village. This can be smaller projects such as litter picking and helping to categorise waste. Or recently we have been working hard with the other members of our village to 'eco-fye' their homes ๐Ÿ˜Š we have also been discussing the possibility of getting a village wind turbine, or having a solar panel field (thanks @retrotecchie)!!

Reading more about Eco-anxiety -I have found it comforting to actually research Eco-anxiety. I'm a very analytical person and it helps me to actually learn about the topic and that comes in the form of reading ๐Ÿ˜Š. These are my current favourites:

Eco-anxiety in the media -
    I'll be the first to admit, we're living in a world of media and technologies (if you let it be!) and I am extremely influenced by what I consume within the media. I often find myself in a deep-dark YouTube hole regarding Eco-anxiety and what we can do to help... here's what I have been watching ๐Ÿ“บ:

E.on Next are also incredibly lucky that we have a conversation regarding Eco-anxiety at the moment, and its something the company cares deeply about and is working on a way we can tackle this! So we have partnered up with various content creators to give us their tips, tricks and thoughts on the matter ๐Ÿ˜Š. Here is an example of a video that has helped me:

@jodie.melissa 5 things I do to ease my eco-anxiety and actually feel like Iโ€™m making a positive difference #PowerUpForChange #eon_next #ad โ™ฌ original sound - jodie.melissa
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Community Team
    I really find this thread interesting, just by reading your comments I feel like I'm learning more about it.

Eco Anxiety is new to me and I'm not going to lie I don't fully understand it. I believe that we could all be doing more to protect and maintain the planet, however, I also wonder if it's too late to repair the damage that has been done?

I also wonder how do we as a society really quantify what is "doing enough." I grow my own fruit and veg, I recycle, I re-use and re-purpose, I up-cycle, I don't eat much meat and I try to avoid food waste. However, I also have a petrol car, a coal fire and I am a high energy user. Personally I don't feel guilty, I do what I can where I can, could I do more? Probably ๐Ÿค” but for me right now I feel like I am doing my bit and I feel like that's enough.