Random refund appearing on my billing account which deducted £60

Level 1
    I cant upload photos for some reason.

Essentially, £60 was randomly taken from my account for no reason. It was labelled as refund?
    The only reason I could think of them doing this was to take back the £60 that they initially owe me due to missed smart meter appointments. But that still isn't right because legally they need to credit me £60 for : 1) missed appointment, and 2) failure to pay the £30 compensation in 10 days.

Has anyone experience similar?
  • 2 Replies

Community Team
    Hi @Brennan

Some people have been refunded their January Direct Debit amount (if this is set to less than £67) as part of the Energy Bills Support Scheme.

This will be because you're on track with your payments vs your energy usage so when your EBSS payment of £67 is applied to your account, your Direct Debit amount of £60 isn't needed, and so is refunded back to your bank account. This will now happen in February and March too (unless you ask us to stop this, in which case, we'll stop the refunds taking place)

The above is unrelated to your Guaranteed Standards of Service payment of £30, and an additional £30 for not being applied within 10 working days, which is what you can see on your transactions page next to 'Additional SoP (Standards of Performance) payment (appointments)'

Hope that helps 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here