Air Fryer Recipes: It's a Game Changer!

@retrotecchie
    I agree with you about tinned tatties. They are minging. I tried some once that were supposed to Be Jersey Royals, I think the only Jersey they had been near was the one the farmer was wearing when he dug them out the ground. I have tried the regular tinned ones and they were not to my taste either, they had a strange synthetic taste. My nephew bought me a Slow cooker for Christmas, I've used it for a veggie stew (potatoes, swede, leeks. onions and carrots), made my own gravy with the old-fashioned Comptons Gravy Salt, and of course added a North-East Favourite: Dumplings. Just the thing for cold days up here in the North. My niece makes Lasagne in her Slow Cooker, so I'll be giving that a try.
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

I've never thought about slow-cooking a lasagne. No reason why it shouldn't work come to think of it and if your niece has had success, I will give it a try.

Low and slow should get the pasta nice, and the longer it cooks, the better the flavour should be. Definitely a candidate for some experimentation ๐Ÿ‘

Tinned tatties tend to sort of 'pickle' in their brine, I find. They are fine sliced and fried but as a 'tatty' on the side of the plate, it's a no from me. Plus over the last few years, I've generally cooked with as little salt as possible. Hypertension...the gift that keeps on giving!
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 12-01-23 at 12:22.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie
    Yes it definitely works, I've tried some at her house, and it was lovely. My nephews younger boy is a fussy eater, and he loves his Aunties Lasagne, so my nephew and his wife are also going to make theirs in the Slow Cooker.
    I don't like to use too much salt either, just enough for seasoning.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿฒ
    Last edited by Tommysgirl; 12-01-23 at 12:35. Reason: Adding info
    Community Team
    @retrotecchie Ah a convert! You'll have to thank Mrs Retroteccie for me about that one...

I am certainly into the roast 'tattie' hack - but I see what you mean, my partner thinks they are grim too ๐Ÿคฎ. P.S sorry about the lasagna ๐Ÿ. I hope that @Tommysgirl slow cooker recipe comes through for us! You'll have to let me know. We make a lovely aubergine curry in ours ๐Ÿ˜ป.

Have you seen that some people make a full English with their slow cooker overnight? Certainly that's not for me...
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Level 92
    @retrotecchie Ah a convert! You'll have to thank Mrs Retroteccie for me about that one...

Have you seen that some people make a full English with their slow cooker overnight? Certainly that's not for me...

Ewww. Sounds horrible. However, we've discovered a few tweaks. Bacon and sausages in the air cooker works perfectly. Scramble an egg into a ramekin and cook in the microwave for one minute. When you turn them out of the ramekin they look rather like the 'injection moulded' egg you get in a McDonalds McMuffin but herself says they taste OK. I'm a fried egg man myself, but I now only have to use one six inch frying pan on one ring on the hob, rather than two rings like before. The residual heat in the pan after doing my egg is just about right for some thinly sliced 'shrooms. Beans we nuke at the same time as the scrambled egg. Without a plug-in meter like @meldrewreborn has, it's hard to work out the exact saving, but I'm estimating perhaps 30% less electricity. Over 52 or so cooked breakfasts a year, that's a few quid saved๐Ÿ‘
    Community Team
    Ewww. Sounds horrible. However, we've discovered a few tweaks. Bacon and sausages in the air cooker works perfectly. Scramble an egg into a ramekin and cook in the microwave for one minute. When you turn them out of the ramekin they look rather like the 'injection moulded' egg you get in a McDonalds McMuffin but herself says they taste OK. I'm a fried egg man myself, but I now only have to use one six inch frying pan on one ring on the hob, rather than two rings like before. The residual heat in the pan after doing my egg is just about right for some thinly sliced 'shrooms. Beans we nuke at the same time as the scrambled egg. Without a plug-in meter like @meldrewreborn has, it's hard to work out the exact saving, but I'm estimating perhaps 30% less electricity. Over 52 or so cooked breakfasts a year, that's a few quid saved๐Ÿ‘
    @retrotecchie what do you think? Slow cooker breakfast ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ“
    @retrotecchie
    Don't think I'll try slow-cooked breakfast. I like crispy bacon and can't see a slow cooker achieving that! Here up North a slice or half slice of fried bread is always very popular with a cooked breakfast.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿณ๐Ÿž
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

Can't beat a fried slice. Every now and then, in moderation of course. It has occurred to me to put a slice in the drip tray of the air cooker a couple of minutes before finishing the bacon and sausage, and then once all the good stuff has soaked in, just finish it off in the pan on the hob. Nom nom nom...๐Ÿ˜œ
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 12-01-23 at 15:22.
    @Tommysgirl

Can't beat a fried slice. Every now and then, in moderation of course.
    Yes I agree. Absolutely yummy, but so full of calories, we can only enjoy them occasionally.๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿณ