Why doesn't e-on standardise account information?

Level 55
    Another observation, bordering on a complaint. I'm on the "Next Flex" Tariff and was initially quoted quoted as from 31 Oct Electricity charges of 28.41p/kWh and Standing Charge of 51.63p/day. And for Gas 7.48p/kWh and 27.22 per day. But today my e-on app says that the charges are 33.86/kWh and 52.64/day for Electricity and 10.43/kWh and 28.48p/day for Gas. I guess that the increase is the result of "flexing" so do I have to check the app every day to see what I'm actually being charged?

FYI your current rates are the EPG rates for the South Western region down to the exact penny and includes VAT. On your account it may be called 'Next Flex'. As for the IHD, I really only use it to monitor and record the kWh of daily usage and use that to judge whether I can 'turn things up' so I don't have it set on £ but on kWh usage. So for example my target in November is to try to get under 750kWh gas usage (current extrapolation is looking like 570kWh but starting to climb) and to get under 240kWh of electricity (current extrapolation is looking like 217kWh but also starting to climb). I also tend to look at how my numbers translate into a daily kWh amount - so 25kWh per day gas and 8kWh per day electricity are my targets. If I make my target my next bill will be £177.02 without the next tranche of BEIS support and £110.02 with it.

This is just the way I see and analyze my energy data but I also realise that this is not the approach for everyone as I recieve my pension on a monthly basis and budget accordingly. FWIW my IHD is showing a slightly incorrect unit charge for electricity but I'm not bothered if it stays as it is as I know where this discrepancy has come from. Of more importance to me is that the bills have been correct since the inception of EPG.
    Level 5
    Sorry Joe for not making it clear. The first figures I gave are those quoted by e-on as coming into effect ON 31st October, when my tariff changed from "Fix Online v47" to Next Flex The next figures are what the app is now showing as today's current charges current charges. So the rate is not remaining constant.
    Level 91
    @Mike97

Understood. The current figures are correct and are what you will have been billed on since your fix ended. The figures you were quoted were probably those in effect at the time, but again I’m presuming you were first quoted several weeks before your old tariff ended.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92
    @Mike97

Ah...ok, this could be a simple matter of the fixed deal ending, the meters being 'pushed' with the latest OFGEM cap rates prior to EPG, then the meters being repushed with the EPG info, and everything rattling through the system in slow order and not actually getting it's act together, which seems to be a very common thing.

I can only suggest an email to customer services at hi@eonnext.com and try and request another tariff update to be pushed. They will have to pass the request on to DCC who do the magic, so anyone's guess as to timescale, I'm afraid. Once upon a long ago, this was something we could sort through these channels but alas, no more.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @Mike97

Also, there was a lot of confusion over apps etc. showing incorrect tariffs after all the recent changes and we were advised that what we were actually being billed for was correct.

It was all a bit of a pig’s ear at the time but in fairness there were a lot of changes for energy companies to deal with.
    Level 5
    Thank you all. Yes. I've made repeated request for a tariff push and have carried out mutilple resets of the IHD, all to no avail. I'll try to remain patient and wait for e-on to get round to it.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

But it sounds like the rates currently showing In the app are correct as per the EPG.
    Level 5
    Yes I do agree with you Joe. Huge increases in wholesale prices together with inputs from HMG re payment of subsidies must have created a great deal of additional work, hence I'm trying to remain patient and doing my own calculations from meter readings. I just hope that people living on State Pensions and other allowances are not being misled by what their Smart meters are telling them
    Level 92
    It was all a bit of a pig’s ear at the time but in fairness there were a lot of changes for energy companies to deal with.

Not to mention several changes of Prime Minister, a few Chancellors, our dear Queen passing on the day of the energy announcements...

Honestly, it's been a right old scramble!

I'm glad I only have a dumb meter...it's just so much less palaver. Like you @JoeSoap, I'm only bothered by the kWh figures and consumption. I know what I've used and as long as they bill me accurately, the cost per half hour or whether it's just cost me 2p to boil the kettle is rather a moot point.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 21-11-22 at 16:10.
    Level 92
    @retrotecchie

But it sounds like the rates currently showing In the app are correct as per the EPG.

Do you mean 'app' for accessing/monitoring the meter information, or app to manage your online account? I's confused 😕