Warm Home Discount Scheme

Level 8
    @Han_EONNext but I’ve just been told on WhatsApp I don’t need to ! I told them I’m in Scotland and they told me no it doesn’t matter ?? What do I need to do I’m getting told different things and as I said you cant apply as the above thread is stating you can’t it takes you round in circles!
    Last edited by Traceymcg; 16-11-22 at 10:15. Reason: Spelling
    Level 92
    @Traceymcg

Here is what I know.

Warm Home Discount – Scotland

In Scotland, if you receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, on the qualifying date of 21 August 2022, you don’t need to apply. You’ll automatically qualify for the Warm Home Discount.
    The Government will decide who is eligible and if you are will write to you between November 2022 and mid-January 2023.
    Customers in Scotland, on a low income, who receive other specific benefits and meet the criteria can apply for a Warm Home Discount payment.
    Applications are open now. Apply online to find out if you're eligible.
    If your application is approved, you’ll get the £150 discount by 31 March 2023.

Please note. As of 16/11/22 E.On Next's 'Apply Now' link is not working properly and will just take you back to your account login page. They are working on it...
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 16-11-22 at 23:51.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    Hi @Traceymcg - that's some great advice from @retrotecchie!

Just following on from what they have said -

If you are in Scotland...
    ❌ If you are eligible for pension credit then don't apply
    ✅ Please apply if you are recipt of other benefits and you fall into any of the groups.

I am sorry that on this ocassion you have been informed incorrectly, I have fed this back for you 😊
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 8
    Yes but you can’t the link sends you around in circles this is my point thanks I’ve been told I need to apply lol
    Level 92
    Apologies folks...the link in my post takes you to British Gas, which is where I 'stole' the info from. 🤬
    Level 92
    @Traceymcg

Universal Credit is not an automatic qualification this year, neither are disability benefits.

• Income Related Employment Support Allowance;
    • Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
    • Income Support; or
    • Universal Credit and has earned income between zero and £1,349 in at least one of the twelve preceding assessment periods.

or, if the following applies you may also qualify, if

• Your total gross household income is less than £16,190

AND your household also meets at least one of the following criteria:
    There is a child permanently living in your household who:

• is 5 years or under ; or
    • is 18 years or under in full time education ; or
    • Is entitled to free school meals;

You or another member of your household:

• receives Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit which includes a disability element or severe disability element, disabled child element or severely disabled child element or family element or Universal Credit Equivalent;
    • receives an Income Related Benefit which includes a disabled child premium, disability premium, severe disability premium, enhanced disability premium or Universal Credit Equivalent;
    • receives Pensioner Premium, Higher Pensioner Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium;
    • is in receipt of the limited Capability for work and work-related activity as construed in accordance with regulations 39 and 40 of the Universal Credit Regulations 2013(a);
    • is in receipt of the disabled child element;
    • receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP); Incapacity Benefit or Attendance Allowance;
    • is aged 65 or over;
    • your household's annual energy spend is, more than 10% of the annual income.

Please note, the point is may also qualify...it's not automatic.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 16-11-22 at 10:46.
    Level 8
    @retrotecchie It says universal credit and pip I get a disabled credit to I’m entitled every year thanks
    Level 92
    @retrotecchie It says universal credit and pip I get a disabled credit to I’m entitled every year thanks

My wife gets both PIP and DLA but that does not qualify this year. Neither does my Carers Allowance. The only way she qualifies is because of Housing Benefit. I qualify because our gross household income is under 16k and we have a qualifying property, I.e built before 1900 and not on mains gas.

Some who qualified last year will not qualify this year. Some who were not eligible last year will be this year. Next year, I expect it will change again. It's just how it is