I've a problem with my PV and application

• Tags for this Thread
  • solar
View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I tried to deal with MCS and they said is not their problem, also I told them, this company was saying they were working with MCS and delivering the certificate after the work, also in their website there was the MCS logo, unfortunately, it went as I said. MCS said is not their responsibility to check if companies put on their website the MCS logo nor to check if fraudulent trader act like this. So I have been quite disappointed in this answer.
    I'm stuck, I don't know what to do. the fact that accessing a Feed-in tariff only with an MCS doesn't make 100% sense, I'm still feeding in electricity which no one will pay for, I'm stuck in this way, un unfair. Who will benefit? which will be the company to take my energy? EON as I have an EON contract? how/s that work?
    Level 92
    @cily35

FIT no longer exists - it closed to new applicants in 2019. The new system is SEG for which you would only get 3p or so a unit anyway.

Just like your car needs an MOT and insurance, the MCS certification is necessary to be compliant with the requirements of any export schemes for which you get paid. Nothing to do with E.On Next, but OFGEM rules.

If the company weren't truthful about their MCS accreditation or have since gone bust, you are sadly out of luck. The only think I can suggest you do is go into your system controller menu and set an Export Limit of 0kWh, which will mean that you aren't exporting anything, and you will have to use your generation locally.

MCS not only ensures every component of your system is correctly approved for grid tie, but that the installers themselves work to a required standard. A third party coming in after the event and retrospectively certifying your system is either impossible, or costly.

Lots of small firms jumped on the solar band wagon. Most have gone belly up. Sorry, but that's just how it is. No MCS, no approval, no SEG. You are not alone. Lots of people were duped by fly-by-night installers or were put off solar investment when the FIT rates kept dropping. As the work dried up, many firms couldn't justify their £2000 a year accreditation fees, so left the game. Those customers who were told 'we'll put your certificate in the post' were often left High and dry.

So you may just need to forget SEG, set your controller to zero export and just use your power to offset your grid import costs.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    I totally admit was our fault to not to be and not to double check the credentials, but I think the fact that no one want to check the system and issues a certificate is some ting be created by the fact how the things works.
    In this moment where we are living in a energy crisis I feel morally stupid go and waste what I could produce and feed in the grid.

If my systems works, if I feed in in why no get 3 pence back even if they will resell my energy to 50?

Is quite not feeling right as it is.

We are still buying energy from country which are not respecting human rights, and no one or only few objects.
    I'm doing and producing renewable and I have to waste that.

Also eon said can't do anything about. And I don't feel that's wrong, becouse there is no UK law regulation that say a company can't buy from someone which has no certificate from small procurer like me
    Level 91
    @cily35 have you tried yougen.couk?

was your installer MCS certified or not?

did you use a credit card for any part of your payment?

I really do sympathise with your situation, and if there is any chink that would allow you to get your system certified, we’d like to help you find it. But we need some information first
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    @meldrewreborn
    i didn't know about the website, but is too late to use I guess

My installer was not certificate even if the logo was on the website and they said the were certified (and I didn't call in advance MCS to know if it was the true)

I paid with debit card
    Level 91
    You could approach your bank for a chargeback under visa/ Mastercard / other card issuer procedures. You’ve paid up, in advance(?), and not got what you paid for.

you could also notify trading standards which might lead to some action against the Directors .
    Community Team
    Hi @cily35

I'm sorry to read about the situation you've ended up in with your solar panels.

Did you manage to get any further with this? We'd love to hear an update if so!
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here