Shocking direct debit

Level 1
    I have been charged £157.11 while I have been setup only for an amount lesser than that. Wondering how you took money from my bank on 1st November for this huge amount without giving me any notification?

In addition to this turmoil, the amount EonNExt debited from my bank account on 1st November is not even showing in the online account.

Frustratingly, I tried calling the Eonnext contact number, waited for 40 mintes, a lady finally came on line. The she turned the phone off.

Then I found this forum, I have wasted 3 hours of my office working time due to this.

I am currently not using anything and still have been charged a lot of money. Randomly I get some money charged if I have any balance kept.

Now, I am taking the reading every single day to save myself and updating it in the online account.

Inspite of all these difficulties, why you debited £157.11 from my account without notice?
    Why I am not able to change direct debit setup? It's disabled? It has automatically increased it to £157.11? But I am not going to use that much energy every month!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Regards,

Frustrated customer
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @Question

Do not submit readings every day. Each time you submit a reading, it will trigger generation of a new bill. Fortnightly at most, monthly is sufficient.

Go back through your previous bills for the last three months. Not just the summaries on the app/website, but the full pdf versions. You should have been notified on your bills of an increase in DD amounts in line with the October price rises. If you are on a 'fixed' DD rather than variable (pay on receipt on bill, in full every month) your DD should have been set at a level to cover the price rises and to give you a buffer against your winter bills which will be much larger than in summer.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @Question

1st. Most of the people on the forum are very knowledgeable but rarely E.On Next employees - just other members of the public. look for E.On Next in user names to identify employees. When we ask questions its because we haven't a clue who you are, where you are, and your account details are not known to us.

What tariff are you on? Do you pay after receipt of bill or by fixed monthly Direct Debit?

I submit a reading once a month towards the end of the month. You might need to use a different date to match your billing cycle - say 10 days before you DD is normally taken.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 43
    Hi @Question

Your payment will appear in your energy account in the next day or so, but it will show the correct date of the 1st November when it appears. In your account you should see a line that says something like "a pending payment has yet to be applied to your account". I have no idea why it takes so long for DD payments to actually appear in your account balance but 5 to 6 days is normal I'm afraid. It can only be the way eon-next have set it up.