Sold me a Smart Meter in April, I stalled in May, not worked since

Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext

As an update this excellent person from EON (Peter) has finally resolved all my issues.

I now have a smart meter that is working, sending readings to EON and updating my IHD.

Great news and thanks to Peter.

However....
    And there had to be a 'however'.

EON billing have said that all their previous estimated reading are wrong and they have sent a message to say I owe backdated charges of nearly £1,000 and will take it from my account on 22nd December!!!

Where the hell and I going to find that sort of money 3 days before Christmas.

I've contacted EON to say this is unreasonable.
    And their response....
    We can offer you links to Debt helpline!!!!

Due to all the issues and time and pain EON has caused me, I certainly expected a better response!!!

EON surely you can do better than this to your customers!!!

Perhaps I should not have contacted EON and just let them do estimated readings all along (and not ask them to connect my Smart Meter) and I might have got away with reduced bills for ever!!!!!!
    Last edited by MarkDaventry; 13-12-22 at 12:58.
    Community Team
    Hi @MarkDaventry

I'm glad to hear that the issues relating to your Smart Meter are now resolved after passing this onto the team.

I'm sorry to hear however that you've now received an unexpected bill after the fix has been put in place 😔

If the amount is correct and you're not able to pay this so soon (which is completely understandable) then you don't have to pay this now - a hold can be placed on your account whilst your account is reviewed after you went a while without receiving a bill.

If the amount isn't correct/if you see a discrepancy within your bill, this can also be looked into.

With the line of Communication you've had with customer services, please do get back in touch replying to the email from customer services, they will be able to raise a complaint for you and investigate this further (as well as stop any payment from being taken)

It's of course, not unreasonable to expect some form of compensation after our billing team have now sent a bill, which was delayed after the metering issue on your account which was no fault of your own, this can be reviewed as part of your complaint.

Keep us updated on how you get on in relation to this so we can make sure this gets sorted for you.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext

Thank you Peter.
    I have raised another complaint email.
    I will see how this goes and keep you informed.

Thanks again for your support and guidance.
    Mark
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext

Hello Pete / EON

Been a while since we spoke and I promised an update.
    here goes.

You were the one person at EON who seemed to have any idea what was going on.
    You were eventually able to get my Smart Meter and EON systems talking and sending correct readings (at the end of November).
    EON then subsequently decided to send me a huge back-dated bill.

As you suggested I raised a complaint with EON. Actually its more than one as they closed the complaints without telling me or without getting any answers or resolutions. complaint numbers 789415 & 395040

I was eventually told by a customer Service representative to write to their CEO who will then respond with updates.
    I did that, but I have had to do it 3 times so far as again I have not heard a thing back!

It has got so frustrating, that this has now gone far enough.
    I have now no option but have opened a case with the Ombudsman.

Once gain thanks for the good work you had done, but you have been let down by the rest of EON (including the CEO)...

If I get any further updates, I will let you know.

All the best
    Mark
    Level 91
    @MarkDaventry

petert has been shifted to another part of the company and is not on the forum team any longer. Keep us advised of developments please.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    @meldrewreborn

Hi Mate
    bit of an update.
    I have had my case regarding service shortfalls UpHeld by the Ombudsman and a compensation amount has been offered.

However they are also saying that although EON Next admit that they estimated my Smart Meter bills for 7 months, that the billing is now correct and I do have to pay the very large back-dated bills. They do say that Eon can agree a payment plan.

Im just deciding now wether to accept their findings or challenge them further...
    Community Team
    Hey @MarkDaventry

Just so you know I've removed the picture of your exchange tag for GDPR.

Also thanks for popping us an update. I'm glad to hear you've finally got somewhere with the ombudsman, however, it makes me sad to know that it's taken this long and for it to get this far to get sorted 😢. Please keep us updated and let us know what you decide to do 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖

Level 5
    @DebF_EONNext

Nice to hear from someone at EON who does acknowledge the complete chaos of service I have received from EON. thank you.

As an update. I have really spent far too much time and energy with EON that i have decided to accept the Ombudsmans findings and also accept the compensation offer.

I am now just waiting to hear from EON. Ii may be waiting a while, based on past experiences!!!
    Community Team
    @MarkDaventry

The Ombudsman usually set a deadline on how when the offer would need to be added by, It might on some communication from them it should be on their online portal stating the ruling and then the date which it's to be applied by. Failing this, if you reach out to your complaint handler they might be able to speed things up for you. If you're unable to find who the person is, let me know and I will have a look and ask them to get in touch. You should have some documentation stating who your complaint handler is.

Let me know, always happy to help.

Thanks
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣